Passenger comfort question

Thread: Passenger comfort question

Passenger comfort question

My wife is petite and when on the back seat there is a large gap between her and I if she sits with her back at the backrest. Are there any solutions to move the backrest forward so she can rest against it better and not have the gap between her and I?
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

There is no reason you couldn't make that happen.

I made a new upright for the passenger backrest because it was too short for my wife. You could very easily make a new one that brought the rest forward as well.
    2015 matte silver F6B

My wife is of a vertically challenged as well and I seem to have resolved it by raising her footrests. At least she's happy with that part! I just asked her about the distance between back rests and her comment was " Why have your back rest pressing into my front? That would be even more uncomfortable."

Our shared complaint is the ride itself. I can't seem to get the actual stiffness of the ride smoothed out. I"ll admit...my last ride was a BMW LT that was very smooth...even over bumps. This one jolts our bones in comparison! I have adjusted the rear shock till I'm blue in the face and short of installing a complete new suspension system I have yet to come up with a solution.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.
    Regards,
    Sober Biker

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
    It is the illusion of knowledge."
    ~ Stephen Hawking

2016 Goldwing F6B - Yet to be named
    2013 Goldwing F6B - "Bat Bike" Traded
    2008 BMW K1200LT - "Da Couch"

Quote Originally Posted by soberbiker View Post
    My wife is of a vertically challenged as well and I seem to have resolved it by raising her footrests. At least she's happy with that part! I just asked her about the distance between back rests and her comment was " Why have your back rest pressing into my front? That would be even more uncomfortable."

Our shared complaint is the ride itself. I can't seem to get the actual stiffness of the ride smoothed out. I"ll admit...my last ride was a BMW LT that was very smooth...even over bumps. This one jolts our bones in comparison! I have adjusted the rear shock till I'm blue in the face and short of installing a complete new suspension system I have yet to come up with a solution.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.
    I have no drivers backrest. I think you might be thinking that way. I am referring to the passenger backrest being too far back.
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus661 View Post
    I have no drivers backrest. I think you might be thinking that way. I am referring to the passenger backrest being too far back.
    I extended my passenger backrest by 4 to 5 inches in height. I could have bent the steel plates that I made forward by using more length and bending it several ways, then cut the excess off to the height that I wanted for the GF. I've got pics that I put up several months ago of the finished rest. Making it go forward more in your case would have been another 2 minutes in the vice, THEN drill the 4 holes for attachment to the top rest.