Greetings and salutations! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Greetings and salutations!

Agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Cobraguy View Post
    The only thing I don't like is when you get on the highway it just seems to go 80mph. Welcome
    These bikes seem much happier going 80, than 55. At least the Matte-grey. Not sure about the other colors.

to the board !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

The riding position, footpeg placement especially, but a set of Kuryakyn Ergo II, III's or Rivco Aero's will fix that. The Boxster style engine does take up a lot of horizontal real estate so the foot-forward position becomes cramped, wish it was a 4 cylinder like the '79, but the pegs cure that with putting you in a forward, legs slightly splayed, position like your natural sitting position on a chair, or the can, six of one.

GaTeach
    Welcome! Best bike ever!

Suezanna, Anna, and I were having this discussion in Maggie the other morning.

We all replaced the stock windshield. It's horrible. Maybe ok for barhoppers, but really, who uses the F6B for a barhopper? It's a bike for serious riders. Anna and I both have the tall Honda vented. I like that shield but I went on the ride with the NE group and saw a red one with the dark smoked shield and it just looks rockstar. I'm working on that.

I changed the handlebars out for helibars because of right shoulder/wrist pain. Perfect now.

Suezanna lowered hers because her legs are about as long as my pinky finger. The bike fits Anna and I both perfectly-we are both around 5'10".

I don't like the way the bags open. Anna and Suezanna like the bags.

Once again, all personal preference.

And still BEST BIKE EVER. Enjoy.

Hey Tanker, Check the cavtx board and you will find a great bunch of guys who also ride F6B including Big Larry (BigLry) if you meet him you will know why he is called that We all met while riding VTX's starting in 2002 and have kept in touch with rides and such. I say keep in touch because my group is the SoCal bunch, but we have a central and northern California chapters also.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobraguy View Post
    The only thing I don't like is when you get on the highway it just seems to go 80mph. Welcome
    80 would have been nice. The cop assured me it was 87.

As far as what I would change. I got the Mustang Day Tripper. I wanted a lower seat but it is plenty comfortable for me. I love the standard size windshield, no desire for a trunk. Stock pegs are great. The one major change I'd make is cruise control. Honda has already got the word on that.
    I choose my own ride and destination and seek not your approval of either.

Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    Bike puts me to sleep out on the highway after about 1-1/2 to 2 hours. It's so smooth and with the engine so quiet, music blasting or not, I have to stop for a few.
    Strangely I have to stop for ice cream or beverages at about the same frequency!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B

Quote Originally Posted by Ixol Phaane View Post
    Uggg... yours too?!

Welcome to the party, Tankeryanker!
    Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    They built me the most comfortable seat I have ever had out of the OEM seat. They take your measurements and pictures of you on the bike and build you a custom one off seat. Here are pics of the one they built for meAttachment 22397Attachment 22398Attachment 22399https://www.day-long.com/contact/ They are right out there in your neck of the woods also. So you can either ship them the seat or drive in with an appointment after sending them all the info they need.
    I may be looking for a new seat in the future. Thanks for posting this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B