Clearview Recurve Windshield - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Clearview Recurve Windshield

I bought a 15" touring width,with recurve medium tint,15/20 day delivery.
    2017 ABS Pearl White GoldWing Grand Touring motorcycle

Life is too short to sweat the petty stuff.

I have the tallest sport windshield with the medium tint. I'm 6'1" and I'm glad I got the tall one. It is almost too short as it is. It does look very good and I'm considering elongating the slot to get a little more height out of it. I do sit very tall so others may find it fine. Also, I'm currently running with the stock seat with a back rest which sits me up higher. I had the mustang seat which is noticeably lower and definitely works better with this shield.

IMAG0019.jpg this is my tall smoked tour width shield...definitely lie the protection by there are 2 shots on both sides where the inner fairing rubbed off the black on the bottom of the shield...
    When a Man Lies He Murders
    Some Part of the World
    These Are the Pale Deaths Which
    Men Miscall Their Lives
    All this I Cannot Bear
    to Witness Any Longer......

It's funny how when I first saw a stock F6B I thought WOW, what a hot looking bike! Now when I see one with the stock shield I think, man that looks weird

Quote Originally Posted by tinknocker View Post
    Attachment 13665 this is my tall smoked tour width shield...definitely lie the protection by there are 2 shots on both sides where the inner fairing rubbed off the black on the bottom of the shield...
    Ditto.

I put a larger piece of black wrap on my Clearview and in just a few hundred miles of riding the inner fairing rubbed through it. This is obviously a pressure point of the shield.

Quote Originally Posted by tinknocker View Post
    Attachment 13665 this is my tall smoked tour width shield...definitely lie the protection by there are 2 shots on both sides where the inner fairing rubbed off the black on the bottom of the shield...
    Can't see the shield.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    Can't see the shield.
    I just closed my eyes and drew one in my mind

shooter
    I just put mine on last week. Rode about 150 miles Saturday. Its OK. Its 1/2 inch short of the advertised size. I was a little disappointed at that. And yes I measured it properly. I'll probably run it this season. Thinking about a Klockwerks.

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    I just closed my eyes and drew one in my mind
    With George , Bobby , its mind over matter. His mind is like a steel trap. And the trap has been sprung.

Tall Clearview

Quote Originally Posted by toy_collector View Post
    I have the tallest sport windshield with the medium tint. I'm 6'1" and I'm glad I got the tall one. It is almost too short as it is. It does look very good and I'm considering elongating the slot to get a little more height out of it. I do sit very tall so others may find it fine. Also, I'm currently running with the stock seat with a back rest which sits me up higher. I had the mustang seat which is noticeably lower and definitely works better with this shield.
    I am also 6'1" and sit tall. After I did the prescribed measurements I also ordered and had installed the tall Clearview recurve. I agree it does look very good but it is too short for good protection. I came from a ST1300 and the windshield on the ST gave me a much quieter ride. I also ordered the Sport model and get buffeting on my arms which is again a disappointment. As soon as it was installed I voiced my reservations about the height to my dealer. They in turn called Clearview and were told that Clearview doesn't make a taller shield. After reading these blogs and seeing the video I am at least hoping it is a strong acrylic and can't be shattered like the sample shown. I was not aware that the Honda OEM is polycarbonate. Feeling pretty disappointed right now and am aware that Clearview does not have an easy return policy. If I could do it over again, I would spend the money for an 18" F4 Custom like a friend advised me to do in the first place.