F6B Break-in period - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: F6B Break-in period

Quote Originally Posted by deb99 View Post
    Which is the lemon?
    LOL!!!! Doesn't matter--- I like both!
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.zeroto60times.com/body-style/motorcycle/

The GoldWing does 0-60 in 5.4 seconds. The F6b is a lot lighter.
    the Kawi Concurs 14 does it in 3.1 seconds. That is a Superbike with luggage. Not same category.

That being said, I came off a Honda RC51 and had the same experience. But a few weeks in, you do get your heart racing, just differently.

Don't race Bimmers, race Harleys.
    2016 Honda F6B Deluxe . Matte Pearl White . Klock Werks Fairing

Quote Originally Posted by cruzdog954 View Post
    http://www.zeroto60times.com/body-style/motorcycle/

The GoldWing does 0-60 in 5.4 seconds. The F6b is a lot lighter.
    the Kawi Concurs 14 does it in 3.1 seconds. That is a Superbike with luggage. Not same category.

That being said, I came off a Honda RC51 and had the same experience. But a few weeks in, you do get your heart racing, just differently.

Don't race Bimmers, race Harleys.
    F6B 0-60 is 3.3 sec per Cycle World.....
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

MCN has the F6B at 3.8 secs 0-60 and a 12.0 second quarter mile.

Despite the similar performance numbers, I am guessing the Kawi, considering the nature of the bike, feels a lot faster. Power delivery with the flat-six is more like an electric motor with gears.

I am sure the Concours is a blast to ride; just not my style. I would more likely drift towards a Chieftain than in the other direction (sport-touring). I would still like to try one sometime.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

f6b break in

I have to ask did you test ride the f6b,I know some dealers don't allow and that's crap.Anyway all of the replies are very accurate.I rode Kaw crotch rockets for years and they have strong engines.The Connie not much different than the those.I actually steered stepson to a good used one and yeah it gets up and goes.Having said that the f6b may become acquired taste.I can't believe how this bike grew on me,it just does everything well except backing the girl up.I suggest give it more time and I'm thinking wife or gf will like riding this.good luck

3.3 to 60 mph confirmed

Found the link to the Cycle World "F6B vs. CVO Road Glide."

http://www.cycleworld.com/2013/04/22...on-test#page-6

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

rudymsmith

push and fight?

Quote Originally Posted by deb99 View Post
    Steve... Thx for the link. Although i am not sure that's the one i had in mind, it was interesting and useful info. More than likely, I'll be taking his suggestion to be more agressive with the throttle to help break-in.

I seem to have struck a nerve with term "slouchy F6B". When you come from a C14 for past 5 years where you can start cruising at 95mph at the flick of the wrist, to being on F6B that you have to push and fight to get to 80mph.... it can be very disappointing. Especially when you remember all the reviews you read about how response and quick the F6B is, you begin to wonder if these writers were collecting from Honda.

Anyway, bike is just 3 weeks and it's still stock. Only LED lights been added. Not sure i need seafoam right now, but will get a can to try. Maybe the bike just needs a couple more miles to break.

For those who have not been on the C14, you have NO IDEA WHAT YOU ALL MISSING. Now wondering if I need 2 bikes, but cfo might have issue with that.
    no pushing or fighting on my F6B it is throttle and hold on baby!

I can relate to your comparison.
    The bike I rode before my F6B was a 1000F Hurricane. Not quite the league of Kaw's 1400 but the detuned version in the Connie probably puts me close.
    Once I got the F6B I knew it wasnt going to ride my Hurricane much and had to talk myself into it.
    Now I am guilty and thinking I should sell it because I dont ride it anymore.Someone could be enjoying that speed.
    Thing is want I am looking for . I couldn't ride the Hurricane 500 miles without needing a crowbar to get me off. The F6 I can stay on all day and regret the end of the ride.
    It's fast enough and once it's rollin' 5th overdrive has no problem getting from 80 up over the 100mph mark.On a good day I have kept up with the sport bikes in the mountains.(I know that depends on the rider) On some days the Harleys keep up with me :-)
    Keep riding it get used to how it acts and decide.
    My bet is on the F6B - and Honda doesnt send me a dime.....

Man, I must live in a bubble or haven't ridden enough bikes. I think the F6B is damn fast. It stunned me when I got on it the first time and was to 60 in what seemed like an instant.

Of course, I have only ridden an old GS650, two 1100 VStars, a Pacific Coast, and a CC Tour. Perhaps my frame of reference is way off.

Are these other bikes (Concours, Hurricane) really that much faster?!? If so, aye carumba!
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

I think you just need to give it a little time and put some miles on her. Get her on some twisty mountain roads and just ride. I find these bikes are the most fun the twisties. The low center of gravity combined with the very broad power band lets you ride just cruising or attack corners with some vigor. I find plenty of entertainment attacking corners with revs 4K and above.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"