Polaris dumps Victory - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Polaris dumps Victory

Quote Originally Posted by Jhox View Post
    This is the "10 year myth". Here is a good article explaining.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...ar-parts-myth/
    Interesting. I stand corrected.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

lhomuth

since I came over from the harley camp in 2013 (six new ones in 31 years) i have had little interest ..there isn't a new harley or any other v-twin that would cause me to trade my F6B...indians and victories are harley wannabes and i've been there done that

Quote Originally Posted by lhomuth View Post
    since I came over from the harley camp in 2013 (six new ones in 31 years) i have had little interest ..there isn't a new harley or any other v-twin that would cause me to trade my F6B...indians and victories are harley wannabes and i've been there done that
    I pretty much agree with you on the V-Twin motors...I had two Victory's and they were nice bikes, but nothing like my F6B and I did not expect them to be...Harley has had the V-twin motor market for years and years and will continue to do so as HD riders are, for the most part, as stubborn as Democrats, convinced they have the best bike available and do not want to talk about, or try, anything else but HD...I was not surprised about Victory and doubt Indian will have much more success....Hope they do, but it will be an "uphill and long", perhaps losing battle!!...JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I pretty much agree with you on the V-Twin motors...I had two Victory's and they were nice bikes, but nothing like my F6B and I did not expect them to be...Harley has had the V-twin motor market for years and years and will continue to do so as HD riders are, for the most part, as stubborn as Democrats, convinced they have the best bike available and do not want to talk about, or try, anything else but HD...I was not surprised about Victory and doubt Indian will have much more success....Hope they do, but it will be an "uphill and long", perhaps losing battle!!...JMHO
    I think the Polaris Slingshot is ultimately going to go the same way as Victory motorcycles. Some of you guys may remember that I was toying with the idea of owning a Slingshot. After what I saw with what was done with Victory, there's no way I'd get a Slingshot now. I now trust Polaris as much as I trust Hillary Clinton.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I am not too surprised. Motorcycling is a niche market in the States, we have far more cars than motorcycles on the road, and will probably remain that way for may years to come. Other countries are different, but they don't go for the "Big Twin" bikes as much. For example, look at South Korea. Most of the bikes sold there are smaller displacement, and they use them for EVERYTHING. The new H-D Street 500 and 750 was built for the India market, and was not intended for sale in America until public interest came in. (As an aside, if my Shadow 750 had a 6th gear, it would be just fine for highway miles, but I digress)

For one parent company (Polaris) to try to run two brands that compete against each other (Victory and Indian) is an almost sure guarantee that one will come out the loser. While Victory had a good run, they never really matched up to Harley Davidson in the fit and finish department, and Indian has that name-brand recognition that Victory really cannot match, especially with all the work that Polaris put into getting the bikes done up right, and in comparison to the last few times that the brand has been resurrected the new Indians are miles ahead.

Hopefully, Polaris will commit to the Indian brand so that it will not fade away...again.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I think the Polaris Slingshot is ultimately going to go the same way as Victory motorcycles. Some of you guys may remember that I was toying with the idea of owning a Slingshot. After what I saw with what was done with Victory, there's no way I'd get a Slingshot now. I now trust Polaris as much as I trust Hillary Clinton.
    Slingshot= all the inconveniences of a motorcycle with none of the fun.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Totally agree my friend...Noticed on the web today, Polaris is offering a $2500 hundred dollar rebate on the Slingshot....The local dealer by me is one of the largest Slingshot dealers in this area and they have many of the same models on the sales floor that have been there since last spring!!!.....Goodbye finally to Hildabeast and party this Friday!!!!!