iPod Aux help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iPod Aux help

iPod Aux help

Since April of 2014 I've had zero issues with my IPod in the left SB. On the trip to CT. Aux failed to show it after temporary using the other Aux input. Upon arrival at Ct. I found the IPod battery dead. So I charged it up and it works fine with a headset. However, to date when I plug it into the left SB jack AUX remains on the other AUX channel and doesn't switch to IPod?

Any thoughts?
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

The Honda stereo doesn't know it's there....
    Did the cable come loose at the other end? Not the iPod end?
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Did you hit AUX button more than once? Mine loses contact with central command and it takes two pushes of AUX. I would also suggest a NEG battery disco and reboot the system. Leave it off for several minutes,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Did you hit AUX button more than once? Mine loses contact with central command and it takes two pushes of AUX. I would also suggest a NEG battery disco and reboot the system. Leave it off for several minutes,
    +1..... a lot is gained by doing just this !!! Seemed like I did this every other week on my Rune !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    My Usb stopped working , I use a flash drive - it shows plugged in on the screen. I did not think of rebooting system. Im going to try that , if not going to the dealer. I thought there was a post on that, but cannot find it.
    2015 Matte Silver F6B (Current Bike)
    2011 Yamaha Stryker Copper Red (Wife's Current Bike)
    2011 Yamaha Stryker Impact Blue (Traded in for F6B)
    1997 Yamaha YZF 1000 (1997-2015 - sold recently)
    1995 Yamaha YZF 600 (1995-1997)
    1984 Yamaha FJ 600 (1984-1993)
    1981 Suzuki GS 450 E (1983-1984)

I come from the Sport Bike World. The things I used to blow by, I now cruise by and enjoy......

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Tater View Post
    My Usb stopped working , I use a flash drive - it shows plugged in on the screen. I did not think of rebooting system. Im going to try that , if not going to the dealer. I thought there was a post on that, but cannot find it.
    I will try the battery thing tonight, again like you if it doesn't work then I'm off to the dealer too.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016

I think the cable has become disconnected somehow. You shouldn't have found a dead ipod battery if it was. The USB charges when properly connected.

Thanks Stroguy - I disconnected the battery and the reboot did at least fix my concern, hoped it fixed Fla_rider's concern also.
    2015 Matte Silver F6B (Current Bike)
    2011 Yamaha Stryker Copper Red (Wife's Current Bike)
    2011 Yamaha Stryker Impact Blue (Traded in for F6B)
    1997 Yamaha YZF 1000 (1997-2015 - sold recently)
    1995 Yamaha YZF 600 (1995-1997)
    1984 Yamaha FJ 600 (1984-1993)
    1981 Suzuki GS 450 E (1983-1984)

I come from the Sport Bike World. The things I used to blow by, I now cruise by and enjoy......

Thanks Stroguy - I disconnected the battery and the reboot did at least fix my concern, hoped it fixed Fla_rider's concern also.
    Alexander Graham Bell would be embarrassed that we haven't progressed further. Glad you are good to go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Last night I didn't do battery disconnect, but I yanked the fuse to the radio and it went dead. After reinstalling the fuse it made no difference. I reset the ipod, no difference. I tired a flash drive to discover my files are m4p instead of mp3. So I'm working on that issue. Still the ipod doesn't work. I'll try a battery disconnect sometime this weekend.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016