Just bought Helibar - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Just bought Helibar

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    Lol! Not right now. I took the front apart to install the Rockys--then again to adjust them--then again to install the Helibars. Not sure I want to tear it apart again. I am still adjusting, but it appears I am the only B owner not totally in love with the Helibars.

My concern is the cables and clutch/MC lines are going to be long enough as far back as I want/need them. Still thinking, George.
    Well... good thought about the cables but sounds like Valk in the post above was able to make them work with Heli's.

Tell ya what, I'll install my MBL risers tomorrow to try them out first... and will leave the Rocky's sitting on the table for now

Wow after reading this thread. Makes me wonder about these bars. At 6ft3. I want the bars up and forward. I have the ultimate king seat and imo it doesn't sit me back enough. Having a real hard time getting comfy on this damn thing and I'm looking at close to 2grand for bars and a russle day long seat. I'm prob gonna ride the bike this summer and I'll be in a lot better financial shape with the amount owed by next spring. It's not like I don't ride it. I got 9200 on the clock and not even had it a year. I wish before I bought this I really considered seating position and were my feet was on the pegs. But I got sold on the performance. If I ride for more than 2-3hrs my neck and shoulders are killing me and my knees also from the angle to the pegs from the seat. I don't know how guys taller than me are riding this bike. I sat on 2beemers r1200rt and k1600gt and they feel good cause it seams like I was sitting up higher with less bend at the knees and the bars don't feel so close BUT Ive heard those bike are real pricey on maintenance. I got a real prob here. Don't know what to do. Any input on the beepers?

Damn auto correct. Any input on the beemers?

I feel for you tall guys. My F6B feels perfectly fit to me with my Corbin seat and Helibars. I'm only 5 '8" though.

Again, at least for me, the pain up in ky neck, and shoulders was , I believe, more to do with the grip angle. This, regardless of height ot pull back, should be fully adjustable. I think that the way the stockbars are angled causes you to ride with the muscles in those area tensed up. It's sneaky, you don't realize you're doing it until thepain begins. With the Helibars, adjusting the grip angle so it is less "wheel barrel" like made all the difference.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by Brian D View Post
    Wow after reading this thread. Makes me wonder about these bars. At 6ft3. I want the bars up and forward. I have the ultimate king seat and imo it doesn't sit me back enough. Having a real hard time getting comfy on this damn thing and I'm looking at close to 2grand for bars and a russle day long seat. I'm prob gonna ride the bike this summer and I'll be in a lot better financial shape with the amount owed by next spring. It's not like I don't ride it. I got 9200 on the clock and not even had it a year. I wish before I bought this I really considered seating position and were my feet was on the pegs. But I got sold on the performance. If I ride for more than 2-3hrs my neck and shoulders are killing me and my knees also from the angle to the pegs from the seat. I don't know how guys taller than me are riding this bike. I sat on 2beemers r1200rt and k1600gt and they feel good cause it seams like I was sitting up higher with less bend at the knees and the bars don't feel so close BUT Ive heard those bike are real pricey on maintenance. I got a real prob here. Don't know what to do. Any input on the beepers?

Actually, I think it is more the bike fitment than the Helibar problem. The Valkyrie and the B are the same. For some reason (balance maybe?) they move the rider forward more than any large cruiser I have owned. Then because of the tranny shifter and wide engine the only option is to move the rider back. Compare that to my Victory where tou could move controls forward.

Then you get to my issues. The Mustang seat moved me back and down. Back was fine----down was not. The King Rider is fine--- finally got the legs in a good position with the drop down Kury mini boards, but my 35" arms are reaching without a "lean forward" riding position.

To summize this, it is a hard bike to get to fit FOR MY riding position. The CTX 1300 fit much better in stock configuration. I am convinced it will eventually fit after throwing enough money at it. As I stated, I am on my 3rd seat, 4th windshield and 2nd---soon to be 3rd set of risers once I add the risers back to the Helibars.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reading u guys experience I think I'll add my Heli bar on top of Rocky risers. What do you guys think of that. I'm really a very short rider.

Did a 250 mile lunch run yesterday, which should be nothing on a bike like the F6b, but the neck shoulders and leg cramping were horrific. I can tell a few inches here or there are not going to fix the fact that the cylinder heads are where my legs want to be. The stock ergos are for some average size that isn't me. And I'm only six foot and 210 lbs.
    2013 F6b Deluxe Black
    2000 Confederate Confederado
    1951 Harley Davidson Hydraglide

Quote Originally Posted by wantone View Post
    Reading u guys experience I think I'll add my Heli bar on top of Rocky risers. What do you guys think of that. I'm really a very short rider.
    I just put on my helibars on top of my MBL wide risers. Surprisingly, everything fit.

The wiring was no problem. I was able to get enough extra slack. With the extensions, the hydraulic lines fit. I could have even pulled a bit more. The throttle cables are pretty tight. I don't know if any extra can be pulled from somewhere. Fortunately, they are working as is.

I don't know if the helibars will fit quite right if you have the rocky risers set to full width. If mine were any wider, I could have had trouble with that center cross bar fitting on the helibar risers.

I have plenty of up and back - probably too much. It is a nice change, though. It will be a while before I settle with the adjustments.
    Albuquerque, NM

Did buyers on the forum get a discount on the Heli Kit ? I am consideering the Heli kit to get a little more adjustment out of my machine .
    Anyone notice Heli tighten up the bars compared to stock bars ?
    Reverse dose not add much more weight , its just your starter running backwords and a extra shaft and few gears ... I would not mind it .

Note about Helibars with other risers

I got to thinking about this. It turns out that I am lucky that my helibars worked with the MBL wide risers. The helibar risers need to come back parallel to each other so that the cross bar mounts correctly.

This means the MBL narrow risers may not work well. And the Rocky risers will need to be adjusted so the helibar risers are parallel.

It's better to be lucky than good, sometimes.
    Albuquerque, NM