Dismounting off the F6B - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dismounting off the F6B

Always left side. I only ever changed sides with my horse in case I got hurt and needed to mount from the right. Horses are a little spooky if you do something you have never done before and my show out, then it is rodeo time!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Not my F6B.. but my DR650 I have to mount from the right side; using the right peg; while the bike is still on the kickstand. That way it puts less strain on the kick stand when I start to stand on the right peg; and swing my left leg over.

The DR650 is pretty tall, and my 30" inseam is pretty short.

Another bike that's a bitch to mount is the Honda Africa Twin. That bike is akin to Mount Everest.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Not my F6B.. but my DR650 I have to mount from the right side; using the right peg; while the bike is still on the kickstand. That way it puts less strain on the kick stand when I start to stand on the right peg; and swing my left leg over.

Another bike that's a bitch to mount is the Honda Africa Twin. That bike is akin to Mount Everest.
    Just like my 2008 Kawasaki KLR650 which even with my 36" inseam is a bitch to throw a leg over.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    As a rule I step on the foot peg and climb on...same on dismount. Motorman style!
    That's what they call that ) I'll try that tomorrow buddy you have gave me a phrase of the day

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post

My last bike was a C 50 so it's a lot narrower and shorter the width of the bike is a strange thing about turning your hips and the hip joints that way too quick to judge him

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer View Post
    Are you dismounting to the left or right?
    From the right then I put my foot down and then when I throw my other leg over my hips don't have room to turn because of how wide the bike is but I think I'm going to try the motor man style tomorrow and then one of the other gentleman had a different style I'm gonna try that too

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer View Post
    Are you dismounting to the left or right?
    The right side the width of the bike is the hard part n

Quote Originally Posted by SBF6B2013 View Post
    That's what they call that ) I'll try that tomorrow buddy you have gave me a phrase of the day
    I tried it this morning that is so fun and it looks so cool

Floorboards I have not thought about floorboards do they scrape on the ground when you make turns I have the small windshield the original and I like the air bubble that it helps interns I live in Monterey California in Salinas and the roads are really nice but the wind keeps the bike down with the wind blowing in any direction especially straightforward like a arrow or like a missile kind of I've have noticed
    Just tried something this morning I put my left foot on my buddy pig and then I stepped through and just walk up the bike it is so cool looking you can't believe it you should try it