Can the radio preset channels be changed from the handlebars.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can the radio preset channels be changed from the handlebars.

Can the radio preset channels be changed from the handlebars.

This is probably a stupid question. I preset my radio station channels I like. Can my preset channels be changed at the handlebars, or do I have to reach down and push the buttons.

You can change the channel then reach down and press and hold the channel button you want. So no you can't preset from the handle bar.

You are misunderstanding what I am trying to say. I don't want to preset the channels from the handlebars, the channels are already preset. I want to jump from 93.1 to 97.9 from the handlebars bars without seeking through the channels in between. Is this possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
    You are misunderstanding what I am trying to say. I don't want to preset the channels from the handlebars, the channels are already preset. I want to jump from 93.1 to 97.9 from the handlebars bars without seeking through the channels in between. Is this possible.
    Greg - I get it, I think. You want to go from Preset 1 to Preset 3 using 2 clicks of the Tun/Chan lever, correct?
    I thought this was possible, but I ain't figured it out yet.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Greg - I get it, I think. You want to go from Preset 1 to Preset 3 using 2 clicks of the Tun/Chan lever, correct?
    I thought this was possible, but I ain't figured it out yet.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    Yes Steve you got it. I want to use the channel selctor on the handlebars to go from preset 1 to preset 3 on so on. How do I do it or can it be done.

Try holding the switch in the up or down position. This is how you skip to the next folder instead of the next song when using the thumb drive.
    Riding the upward spiral.

Quote Originally Posted by JGF6B View Post
    Try holding the switch in the up or down position. This is how you skip to the next folder instead of the next song when using the thumb drive.
    Never mind; holding up or down just seeks the tuner to the next strong station. I don't see how to change from preset to preset using the bar controls.
    Riding the upward spiral.

I only have 1 station even remotely worth listening to IF I use the radio at all. This is worth some experimentation.

You have two groups you can preset for FM stations, if you set the first station on group A and the other station on group B you can toggle between them by pressing the FM button.
    Still have to take your hands off the bars but you can learn to do it by feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Switchmonkey View Post
    I only have 1 station even remotely worth listening to IF I use the radio at all. This is worth some experimentation.
    CBC's Vinyl Tap with Randy Bachman?