long solo ride - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: long solo ride

Wear something bright and take your time. Keep as much distance around you as possible, if possible. Expect everyone around you is about to do something stupid.
    You'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pap View Post
    Wear something bright and take your time. Keep as much distance around you as possible, if possible. Expect everyone around you is about to do something stupid.
    You'll be fine.
    Very good advice. With each ride you will gain confidence. Be safe and enjoy the ride.

shooter
    Welcome. Your biggest hindrance as I see it is the fact that you know Wayne. He has a black cloud hanging over his head. Wherever he goes he brings rain. He totaled out a primo M109R and then the other day he got screwed. Better find another riding buddy.

Be defensive as hell....keep a distance and don't let your mind wander. I catch myself doing that at times. Being alert is the main thing. If the weather looks good, I'm riding to MD on July 4th weekend. Family reunion, and I'll fight the traffic...screw it. This is my destiny, and I love riding.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

It really depends on where in Jersey your going. The northern part is suicidal, the middle part is nuts, and the southern part is crazy. The good news is they have a mandatory helmet law!
    If it wasn't for the beaches and in your case a son there's no good reason to go there.
    If your going to travel the GSP. Bring lots of quarters you never know what the Governor is going to do there.