LED Brake/tail lights flash
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LED Brake/tail lights flash

LED Brake/tail lights flash

Well, The bad news is I can't get any pictures posted, the worse news is that the pictures look shi**y anyway! The lights look great. (Here's the thread that started it all: http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?6...rake-tail-bulb)

Lights arrived, I removed the rear lens (2 10mm nuts inside each trunk, AND remove the trim piece over the lens- It just pops out...carefully)The two rear lights are really well housed- as well as the Audis I've owned ((Japan really is the Germany of Asia))Remove the wire and give the bulb socket a quarter turn.remove old bulb pop in new...viola!! It looked slightly brighter than the OEM, but the real reason I got them was for the 3 quick flashes then steady...2 bulbs cost less than the wig wag or whatever unit, no wiring I recommend highly and hope someone tries this and can post some pics... I apologize I'll try again maybe, tomorrow. [URL="https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/strobe-bulbs/7443-led-bulb-w-brake-flasher-dual-function-1-high-power-led-wedge-retrofit-car/925/2276/#/tab/Specifications"]

Sweet Rick! Great work and thanks for taking the chance. Mine will be on order in the AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Ordered ! Thanks Rick

Dawg you got me by 12 minutes. On order. Somebody wake Larry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Mine will be here Monday! I like the idea of the flash and steady without adding on extra hardware!

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Sweet Rick! Great work and thanks for taking the chance. Mine will be on order in the AM.
    Wish I could take credit for daring to go where no man has gone before!! but I have a bayonet style of that bulb on my pre-digital pre-LED carbureted, tungsten filament 2004 Triumph and they work flawlessly- for several years now! I was pretty sure they'd be good to go...I was a little sconcerned that the fit of the plug in blade might be loose- but they clicked in..easily but seem to be stable.

Those wedge types can be made a bit tighter by just putting the slightest camel hump in the leads between the plastic and the lead. A very pointed scribe will work. But be gentle ladies and germs. Just a touch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Rick, I was hoping that you were going to say that these light bulbs are significantly brighter than the stock ones. I really like the addition of the flashing brake light. Do you feel these bulbs are a significant upgrade over the stock bulbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
    Rick, I was hoping that you were going to say that these light bulbs are significantly brighter than the stock ones. I really like the addition of the flashing brake light. Do you feel these bulbs are a significant upgrade over the stock bulbs.
    well...again, for me the flashing without additional wiring was the purpose...and it accomplished that, Yes, I believe they are brighter, but the cellphone pics I took didn't look much brighter- maybe photographing LEDs is tricky? I feel that the sub $40. epense is well worth it...especially after riding behind myself (switch rides with my son for an hour) an seeing the subtlty of the oem lighting.So this with the Kury tail works perfectly for me.

as a side note..the specs on lumens for these lights is significantly higher than stock 55\30 I think

Ok Rick, you talked me into it, I just ordered the bulbs. I didn't need the load resistor did I, because I didn't order one.