Best/Worst of the F6B

Thread: Best/Worst of the F6B

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The Great White North riders get ABS.

O
    Sucks for me

I rode the twistys as hard as I would with my wife on the back....today going up to Highland N.C. fully loaded about #400 and tried to drag somehing but did not....I have my rear shock setting at 4 lines showing from full soft....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

We Get ABS in Aus as well.
    I agree the short screen is not good at all has anyone got the taller sceen and how do you like it?

Hey Westy, does the F6 in Aus have paint and stumble problems as stated in this forum..........just curious. I have convertible baggershield and it works great.

3 & 3

PROS...
    I like best is the "what IS that" factor.
    The smooth Power
    Handling.

I'm not seeing flaws in my black paint. The paint seems soft on the plastic but it's not chipped or blistered. I do have a couple of deep scratches from sweethearts boots hitting the saddlebags.

CONS...
    Foot position and shifter. Coming from forward cruiser I had difficulty getting used to the straight up sitting position. Also my big boots didn't fit well under the shifter. I did go with Black mini Boards and set them on the far back setting. Gave me ample room for the shifter and my steel toe work boots. They did not add to dragging on the corners but that does happen about as often as the stock pegs. It my driving I guess. I tend to bend that baby over in the turns.

Cruise control would be nice.

Being able to leave the saddlebags unlocked would be nice also.

I guess I have no Idea how to ride my bike, because a few times my pegs touched the ground in a corner while I was carving up a mountain road. I guess its off to riding school for me...

You know what? You really come off as a dick, instead of being helpful you talk down to everybody. Hell I dont care how much time you spent on a bike, I'll never ride a third of those miles nor do I care to. I have other things in my life besides the bike.

Peg Grinding

Well Miles I guess I suck at riding a motorcycle. I was making a con that I was having with this particular bike. All the bikes I have owned Suzuki M50,Suzuki m109R, Honda Rune, Triumph Rocket III, Honda ST1300, and Honda F6B. With the suspension adjusted up this is the lowest ground clearance bike I have owned. Yes I do ride aggressively, but on normal turns I scrap pegs 75% more than the other bikes I have owned. I don't do it on purpose just to scrape pegs or I wouldn't be pissed that my belly pan or exhaust cover is already scraped to hell. I was making a (con) point from what I have owned before that I have on the F6B.

Gentlemen, you both can be mad at me, if that is what you choose to do, but I am simply pointing out that there is no need or reason to scrape the pegs, or the belly pan, or the exhaust shields on this bike, if everything is set up correctly, and if the rider enters and exits the corners/curves correctly. It is very easy to call me names, because I speak frankly, and forthrightly. But the issue at hand is not my public persona, it is that someone is scratching the pegs and belly pan and exhaust shields on a consistent basis.

If a rider only scrapes their pegs once in awhile, that is acceptable. A lot of riders get a little too much lean angle, or the wrong line into or out of a corner every once in a while. That is not a problem.

The problem is...and was originally stated as...that bigdew was killing his pegs and belly pan. And you just stated that you are doing this consistently. So, that takes the reply by the SpeedyWho out of the equation, because you only scrape your pegs intermittently. The bigdew does it consistently.

I would love to look at your bike and figure out HOW you are scraping your belly pan, and exhaust shields, as I have never known anyone to scrape those.

But, let's take "me" out of this picture, because obviously you two do not want to take my word for this, or anything. I would love to know how many other riders that have had a belly pan on a GL-1800 Wing, have ever scraped their belly pan, or the exhaust shields.

Just because you do not like my answers, or comments...does not mean I am wrong, or that you are riding the bike correctly. That is why the MSF offers an ERC class. Evem I recently took a 3 wheeled sidecar/trike classs, because in our state you have to take this class to get the endorsement to ride a sidecar rig or trike. I aced the class, was asked by the lead instructor if I wanted to be an instructor for them, and then he realized that I had been, for the ERC classes, for more than 20 years. Duh !

Pro/Cons

Miles I am not mad at anyone. I could care less what is said back and forth. I am ERC qualified and have to be every 3 years being in the Army so I do get MSF trained on proper techniques of riding on a constant basis. Trust me I don't want to scrape pegs, belly pans, or exhaust shields. It all cost money to fix and replace. Im just trying to figure out the best set-up for this bike since I am grinding a lot compared to everything else I have owned. I have rarely scrapped pegs in my riding experience before but with this F6B im tearing stuff up. That is why its my con.