F6B not knee friendly....help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F6B not knee friendly....help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cody13 View Post
    I've had my new F6B for three weeks. Nearly 1200 miles and I can honestly say this is the most uncomfortable bike i've ever owned when it comes to my sitting position???? Kills my knees. Am I the only person with this issue? Was the bike made for a five foot tall person. I'm 6 foot tall and and my knees hurt so much it's not even funny. My leggs need to go out forward some what....not bent back under me. Wouldn't this hurt most everyone? I ordered some higway pegs but can't ride around all the time with your feet up front away from your brake and shifter. Anyone else dealt with this? I love everything about this bike, BUT the rider position. I didn't feel good when I first sit on it, but figured it was something that I wasn't used to but would grow into it. Now each ride hurts more than the last. help....
    I have addressed this previously so I hope nobody minds hearing about it again. I too have knee problems and had to sell my ST1300 because of my knees. I thought the F6b would be better so I bought one. After riding a short time my knees were hurting again and I was afraid I would have to sell it until I put on the Kuryakyn II pegs. The pegs saved my riding. Because of them I can sit in about five different positions including lifting the bottom of my butt completely off the seat while pushing hard on the pegs. I'm not concerned about braking because the bike has linked brakes so pulling the brake handle engages both front and back. I only use the pegs when I don't plan on braking anyway. The ability to straighten my legs with the pegs has definitely helped my knees and allowed me to keep riding.https://imgur.com/a/kNdPg

I am big (but not as big as Big Larry) with a 36+" inseam and have a lot of problems with my knees.

I went the Roadsmith route, Moved the pegs and controls forward a couple of inches and down a touch. Bike is now much more comfortable and I can get my size 14's on the controls safely.

Do a forum search for Roadsmith for more info.

2013 F6B
    2016 Spyder F3 Ltd

Quote Originally Posted by Navvet View Post
    I am big (but not as big as Big Larry) with a 36+" inseam and have a lot of problems with my knees.

I went the Roadsmith route, Moved the pegs and controls forward a couple of inches and down a touch. Bike is now much more comfortable and I can get my size 14's on the controls safely.

Do a forum search for Roadsmith for more info.
    Roadsmith! That's the name I couldn't remember. How are you finding the heat with your toes that near the cylinder heads?

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Verismo View Post
    Roadsmith! That's the name I couldn't remember. How are you finding the heat with your toes that near the cylinder heads?

Jason
    I have not noticed a difference, Just overall more legroom.

2013 F6B
    2016 Spyder F3 Ltd

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by gmorstad View Post
    I have addressed this previously so I hope nobody minds hearing about it again. I too have knee problems and had to sell my ST1300 because of my knees. I thought the F6b would be better so I bought one. After riding a short time my knees were hurting again and I was afraid I would have to sell it until I put on the Kuryakyn II pegs. The pegs saved my riding. Because of them I can sit in about five different positions including lifting the bottom of my butt completely off the seat while pushing hard on the pegs. I'm not concerned about braking because the bike has linked brakes so pulling the brake handle engages both front and back. I only use the pegs when I don't plan on braking anyway. The ability to straighten my legs with the pegs has definitely helped my knees and allowed me to keep riding.https://imgur.com/a/kNdPg
    I have an ST1300 and I have a similar problem with it. After riding many hours, my knees are just hurting from being in the same position for so long. There just doesn't seem to be any way of fitting some sort of highway pegs to it. I asked on the ST forum and was told to get a HD b/c this bike wasn't meant for that. Other than that (and no cruise control) I love my ST1300.

With the GW/F6B, the mick o pegs are available and I know people that swear by them.

I think a big part of new rider discomfort on the F6B, is the missed riding position on past bikes.

You have to get used to the new seating position of a Goldwing centric modeled bike.

It takes time, it did for me.... though with with some 3/4" drop adapters it helped me...

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Trade it in on a Suzuki Bandit. After a few blocks your bum will ache so much you will forget about the pain in your knee's.

Quote Originally Posted by woody View Post
    Trade it in on a Suzuki Bandit. After a few blocks your bum will ache so much you will forget about the pain in your knee's.

Try a stock DR650 seat. After an hour... you'll feel like you were sitting on a 2x4

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post

Try a stock DR650 seat. After an hour... you'll feel like you were sitting on a 2x4

And on my 09 KLR650 a 2x4 would be a pleasure compared to the 2x2 Kawasaki calls a seat.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/