When will we ever be able - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: When will we ever be able

Quote Originally Posted by shortleg0521 View Post
    Just resign yourself to the fact that this is the way it,should going to be !
    Agree.

And probably best to just use a third party pic hosting site anyway. That way you can publish pictures on any other forum as well... using the 3rd party hosting code.

I use Tinypic.com and occasionally imgur.com when tinypic.com is acting temperamental

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I really enjoy this forum and check in just about every day. That being said this forum is also as close to "social media" as I get. I do not have Facebook or photo bucket or am a member to any other forums. In fact I do not own a computer and had a flip phone until three years ago when my job wanted me to have access to email while I was out.

So. Me asking when "we" will be able to post images again, is mostly me wondering when I will see all of you posting photo tutorials or showing off new items everyone has installed etc. I'd bet there would be a whole lot more rally pics too! When someone asks a question people used to run out to their bike, snap a pic and it was worth 1000 words .... as the saying goes.

I am by no means complaining as I, being technologically illiterate, really have no idea what goes into running a forum. I am sure it is not as easy as a finger snap. I also understand phantom has a whole lot going on and keeping this in fine tune is probably not top of mind for him.

Sorry for ranting. I hope I do not come off having a negative tone. Again, I enjoy our forum as my first and only foray into this century. Thank you to everyone who makes this a great place full of great people.

yeah...grrr...

We are all just a bit beyond "mildly frustrated."

I could say something to the effect of "Well, whadya expect from a 'free' forum?" but that's not how I roll.
    As a retired Marine, I analyze the situation, then quickly adapt and overcome any shortcomings.

To quote from "Raiders of the Lost Ark":
    "We have top men working on it....TOP men."

All y'all have a great day.
    I'm going to to go teach some eager students how to ride a motorcycle.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

I'm relatively new to the forum, but just wanted to say thanks for all the hours logged on behalf of keeping it up.

So many forum members trying, wishing, hoping they can post pictures. Maybe we will get a Christmas present?

You CAN post them very easily. Go to www.imgur.com. Upload your images from your camera (I use the SD card from my Canon G15), then once loaded, go to the images drop down box and copy the BBCode and paste it here. Your images will magically appear.

Vestibulum, et vincere aptet

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Yeap!

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by P.Sutton View Post
    So many forum members trying, wishing, hoping they can post pictures. Maybe we will get a Christmas present?
    We have attempted to get help from VBulletin on this issue. Their assistance just made it worse.
    There has been a lot of time and coordination spent on this issue in the last couple of months.

As soon as SimTech is available we are planning on upgrading to a newer version of VBulletin with a new install. We will then test it and then load all of the existing data base into it.
    We are expecting everything to be the same with the exception of all the old uploaded pictures in the actual posts. We are going to start over with uploaded pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by RickW View Post
    We have attempted to get help from VBulletin on this issue. Their assistance just made it worse.
    There has been a lot of time and coordination spent on this issue in the last couple of months.

As soon as SimTech is available we are planning on upgrading to a newer version of VBulletin with a new install. We will then test it and then load all of the existing data base into it.
    We are expecting everything to be the same with the exception of all the old uploaded pictures in the actual posts. We are going to start over with uploaded pictures.
    Just a stupid question here....but, Was there a backup plan or a disaster recovery plan??
    I work in IT, and data loss is not an option and data recovery must be FAST and COMPLETE.
    If there was data loss and I could not recover it, not only would I get fired, but I'd also get sued.