Coolant leak now - I blame Seadog - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Coolant leak now - I blame Seadog

What speakers do you have their Will? Do you like em over stock? Direct fit or a lil modding?

Good job by the way. Look eeeerily familiar to when I dropped the H7 adapter in the light lense. Lots and lots of little pieces. Good luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

And to think when you get done you'll have all them spare parts left over in case you need them later....................................NOT

Good job!

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    What speakers do you have their Will? Do you like em over stock? Direct fit or a lil modding?

Good job by the way. Look eerily familiar to when I dropped the H7 adapter in the light lense. Lots and lots of little pieces. Good luck.
    Those are the JBL's from Dirtstiff's speaker thread. Yes.. I had to mod them to get them to fit. They have fuller, deeper sound than the OEM speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    And to think when you get done you'll have all them spare parts left over in case you need them later....................................NOT

Good job!
    Hopefully no spare parts. But I did find a grommet that fell into the dark interior long ago... and was replaced. So now I have a spare grommet.

I did carefully catalogue and arrange all of the parts; to prevent confusion upon reassembly. From the last picture I posted, you can see a cardboard screw holder in the background, that will help me reorient the screws. A helpful hint gleaned from others on this board.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Great Pics

Good job Will! Thanks for sharing the photos which paint a thousand words

Nice work, Will. HOPE it comes back together well.
    If I could use your plight for a quick story I'm proud to tell..
    I had a little brother who was always described as off or had problems or just wasn't or going to be very brite....
    When I was a kid, maybe 10, Dad started me racing minibikes. I wasn't very good but burned through several bikes that ended up going to my little brother as hand me downs. When I was done with em they were pretty well thrashed. Ok, to the point and Will's plight; my little bros, 6 or 7 year old at the time, who had the nickname of Mr. Destructo, given him by my dad.. We came home one afternoon only to find one of the discarded minibikes in a million pieces in the back yard, with Dads best tools scattered from he'll to breakfast. Oh shit, Dad was pissed, little bros got a wippin and it was a bad deal all around..
    Next day though, we came home and Mr. Destruto had the mini back together and running better than it ever had...
    The tools were put away and nothing to clean up. I saw my Dad cry over that deal and even heard him tell off the the psychiatric doctor who told my folks your son was slow and would never amount to much.
    Before I lost him, he was designing natural gas, v12 compressor stations with only a hard fought high school education. Today was his birthday.
    Thanks for the reminder.
    J
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

Happy birthday to J's little brother.
    God works in mysterious ways....

In the service industry we call that "Trial by fire" your learning by doing and thats a skill you'll never loose, good job!
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike

Decided to go a bit further and enter...

...the belly of the beast

Since I was already 3/4's of the way there, I decided to change out the air filter. Bike only has 7300 miles on it; so the OEM filter was not very dirty:

Very little oil in the airbox:

The only difficulty I have encountered so far, was trying to release that third electrical connection (called a joint connector" in the repair manual). Ended up having to leave it connected and suspending the glove box assembly upside down; with a bungee cord attached to the windshield. The third connector is what I've pointed to with the blue arrow below:

I'd be real appreciative if someone could tell me how to disconnect that sucker next time....

Now for some beer, and I will start putting her back together tomorrow.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

thanks for sharing but sweet geesus she looks pretty bare with all the make up off...great patience on seeing it through

Finished !!!

Just got done putting her all back together No "leftover parts" No "broken parts" And she actually starts and everything seems to be functional

....just have to do something about that "hole" I drilled under the fuel tank cap cover

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537