2015 Franklin Rally Dates & Attendees - Page 28
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Franklin Rally Dates & Attendees

Ditto on the first wife.

Quote Originally Posted by dickiedeals View Post
    If my wife told me she didn't want me to go because of a baby anything I might die choking from laughter. She married a biker and knows better than to tell me such... Short of a death in my family I'll be there. She may or may not. She can't make up her mind......Once upon a time long ago my first wife told me that she wasn't going with me to a rally and if I went without her she wouldn't be there when I got home.....I missed her for awhile until I met a woman who rides.......See you guys in a couple weeks..................Dickie

I'm not saying anyone else should be that way. I just made sure my wife knew how important riding the country is to me before comitment....
    Same here.
    My wife Teresa, who a lot of you have spoken to on the phone would not think of trying to change my priorities on riding. She has been riding riding dirt bikes since she was 10, rode motocross bikes with me the first few years we were married, then quads. Riding road bikes for the last 20 years. She enjoys riding and going on bike trips also, but once in a while wants her own space when I take bike trips. She is going up to Michigan to see her parents over Labor Day weekend while I come down to Franklin. I am extremely lucky to be married to my best riding partner.

We told the same thing to our future daughter in law several years ago who is now our best daughter in law ever. Son has to ride and will go on trips with me once in a while and if she wants to be part of the family she will have to learn to adapt. She loves to ride now and takes trips with us. The new grand daughter has put a little damper on her riding for a little while, but just for this Summer.

We are riding over to an event this weekend in Johnston PA and will be at the Super 8 there for the next 2 nights. If anyone is close to that area stop by and see us. I will have my F6B over there this weekend.

My theory is simple....you can be a fan or a participant.....you can go along or wave as I leave...works for me/us. I also have veto power, I really don't interfere with what she does...but if I VETO a deal...it's over...have only used this once or twice....

See ya in Franklin !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

There are no rooms available for Sat...but there are 2 rooms for Fri and Sun.......FYI...forgot to ask about Thur
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

GaTeach
    At my last school I was introduced during New Teacher orientation as a biker and they told me that one of our clerks was a lady biker. I asked "Oh does she ride to work?" The reply was "Oh no. Her husband doesn't let her ride her bike to work." I laughed out loud. I wish a man would try to tell me when I could ride my bike. (of course that might explain why I don't have a man)

But yeah, a baby shower? I have frequent shooting parties at my house and had a friend who couldn't make one because he had to go to a Couples Shower. He hasn't lived that one down yet.

Quote Originally Posted by stepbill View Post
    That reminds me, I need to ask my wife for mine back so I can have them when I go to Franklin .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc_r8uIK_a4
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Next week will be 23 years of wedded bliss for me and Tracy. In the 3 years of dating before than and until today, I have always told her what my plans were. I have never ask if I could buy a new motorcycle, gun, truck, go hunting, fishing, or ride to california and back (which I did in 2012), or whatever. Honestly, I have no concept of the mentailty of asking permission, as a grown man, if I can do something. Once I moved out of my parents house, all that "mother may I" went away for me. Sorry it that offends some folks but, that's how it is. On the filp side, if Tracy wants to do something, I don't give her and crap about it either. I really think it is based on trust. Don't misunderstand, we love doing things together and we love traveling together too. In my father's house, he wore the pants. I learned that from him.

See y'all in Franklin!!!!!!!!!!

+1 pretty much hits the nail on the haed !!!!!

Less than two weeks! check your tires, change your oil, start making a list!

Bring Cash cuz Tony isn't Well's Fargo!
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Cancelling

It's with heavy heart that I'm having to cancel. Unexpected company. So Microtel has an opening as of a few moments ago for 9/4-6.
    Ride to work, work to ride
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]