engine hesitation stall - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: engine hesitation stall

Mine hesitates, too. My '05 Wing did not. I'm Honda does a recall/fix, but I'm not holding my breath.

When I go out to the garage, I start the bike first thing, then I put on my gear, put in my ear plugs, put on my helmet, start up my Scala, and hopefully, that's taken long enough to warm things up. I'm treating it as I would my carburated VTX 1300R.
    -Tim
    2009 BMW R1200RT
    2013 Honda F6B HR Signature Series (born 7/17/13; sold 6/25/16)
    2011 AB Trailer
    2005 Honda GL1800 Portland Gray Metallic (Gone), 2005 Honda VTX 1300R (Gone), 2004 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Gone)
    Darksider #858: Kumho Ecsta 195/55/16 with Dynabeads/Dunlop E3
    IBA #47379
    GWRRA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Being a retired aircraft tech and recreational pilot I learned to never do anything until oil temp is in the green............I have taken this to just about every engine in my life (of course with no temp gauge you know what I mean). Back in tech school in the '60's they taught nearly 70% of engine wear happens in the first minutes of engine start. Like others I start the motorcycle get the gear on roll it back out of the garage close the door and then on my way and no stalls for me (here in south Texas its hardly ever cold) ............ I don't know what plugs are in it.

I've been doing the same thing but I still get the stall. Happened this morning.

Like others I start the motorcycle get the gear on roll it back out of the garage close the door and then on my way and no stalls for me
    Ditto. That's the nature of the beast at this point in time. It's not that big of a deal to me.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    I've been doing the same thing but I still get the stall. Happened this morning.
    Curious,,, Do you know which plugs you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Curious,,, Do you know which plugs you have?
    No I don't. I've been enjoying riding it and trying not to worry about it. Maybe I should check.

I've been thinking about taking off the left cover to see what the damn ticking is that's driving me crazy. I've been told it's normal, even though every other wing I listen to doesn't have the same noise. Sounds like clicking in the valve train. It's only at cold start up and idle so after I start riding I forget all about it.

If its not bothering ya, it's not a problem.

Honda actually lists 6 different plugs for the F6B, 3 by NGK and 3 by Denso (3 different heat ranges)

So far,, (knock on desk) no hesitation in our bikes, but between em both we only have <2K miles,,, NEED TO CHANGE THAT ASAP!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FlyinF View Post
    Being a retired aircraft tech and recreational pilot I learned to never do anything until oil temp is in the green............I have taken this to just about every engine in my life (of course with no temp gauge you know what I mean). Back in tech school in the '60's they taught nearly 70% of engine wear happens in the first minutes of engine start. Like others I start the motorcycle get the gear on roll it back out of the garage close the door and then on my way and no stalls for me (here in south Texas its hardly ever cold) ............ I don't know what plugs are in it.
    Letting an engine warm up at idle until the temp needle is in the green is not recommended by any manufacturer. The engine warms up faster under load. The faster it warms up the better mileage, emissions and performance you have. Modern oil will circulate much faster and, more importantly, the parts stay coated much better than back in the 60s. 50 years ago an engine had noticeable ring wear at 60,000 or less. If you take your F6B motor apart at 300k, I bet you can still see hatch marks on the cylinder walls.

Warm 'em up or full throttle after the button, You bought it, run it any way ya want.
    The flat six has a pretty quick 'warm' up time, even at idle. (Honda says reach "C" then ride)
    Fire, gear, go. 2EZ.

Phil I'm like you. The bike has to be HOT before it runs right. I have to wait 3-4 minutes in 80-90F for it to run right.