Looking for a new helmet.

Thread: Looking for a new helmet.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vertically oval head = Bell MAG-9 Sena Solid Helmet

https://fortnine.ca/en/bell-mag-9-sena-solid-helmet

I have the same challenge and this helmet works great for me. I removed the shield and just use the Drop-down sunshield.

Quote Originally Posted by lloydmoore1 View Post
    vertically oval head = Bell MAG-9 Sena Solid Helmet

https://fortnine.ca/en/bell-mag-9-sena-solid-helmet

I have the same challenge and this helmet works great for me. I removed the shield and just use the Drop-down sunshield.

I bough a Bell MAG-9 about a year ago and wore it comfortably for about 8 months. Then the mechanism for the inner drop-down shield started to fail and eventually gave up. But I have to give props to the Bell support staff for painlessly honoring their 5-year warranty on this lid. I emailed them about the problem... they sent a return label. I shipped the helmet back with a copy of the receipt... and they returned a brand new one to me within about two weeks.

I like the styling of the MAG-9... it compliments the F6B. I think it's a comfortable helmet. And the way they integrated the mounting for a Sena 10S is pretty okay.

That's my

Ride safe!
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ixol Phaane View Post
    I bough a Bell MAG-9 about a year ago and wore it comfortably for about 8 months. Then the mechanism for the inner drop-down shield started to fail and eventually gave up. But I have to give props to the Bell support staff for painlessly honoring their 5-year warranty on this lid. I emailed them about the problem... they sent a return label. I shipped the helmet back with a copy of the receipt... and they returned a brand new one to me within about two weeks.

I like the styling of the MAG-9... it compliments the F6B. I think it's a comfortable helmet. And the way they integrated the mounting for a Sena 10S is pretty okay.

That's my

Ride safe!

I second this, good helmet for the price. I ride this when it's cooler out or let my wife wear it to reduce wind noise. My clear visor did wear out but I'm not sure if I have the receipt. Downside is that if the clear visor is up all the way its in your line of sight. Love the sunglass feature built in also.

purchased mine off amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Last edited by Craig_328; 02-21-2018 at 12:05 PM. Reason: added link to helmet
    Veteran 16 years and counting
    Think. Adapt. Anticipate.

I went to large store and wore a helmet for a hour to check the fit then purchased it else where for a better price. I like
    the Nolan n-104 only use the sun visor when I'm not wearing my sun glasses. Polerized sun glasses don't mix with visors

Is that Bell Mag-9 an open face helmet? Looks like just the shield comes down over the face. I tried to buy a Bell half helmet once and even the largest size they make was not large enough. Do Bell sizes run small? Only Cycle Gear and the local Honda shop have any helmets of any quantity on the shelves around here. If they had one I liked and got to fit test I would sure thank them by purchasing from them if within reason. Cycle Gear has pretty good prices anyway and got my last lid from them.

Bell Helmets do run small in size.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Is that Bell Mag-9 an open face helmet?

Yes it is maybe this pic might help a bit. I keep the shield in my side bag but when I use it it covers the whole front and works great in the rain.

I have a large helmet and it fits my head as my brother says my "loaf of bread head"

Last two helmets are Shoei Quest.., quality, affordable, comfortable. It’s a pretty solid helmet for the price.
    They have a flat grey that matches the F6b pretty good. I’ve got multiple tinted and mirrored shields, easily changed out.
    The mirrored shields are kind of pricey though.

Quote Originally Posted by soupbean View Post
    Last two helmets are Shoei Quest.., quality, affordable, comfortable. It’s a pretty solid helmet for the price.
    They have a flat grey that matches the F6b pretty good. I’ve got multiple tinted and mirrored shields, easily changed out.
    The mirrored shields are kind of pricey though.
    +1 on the Shoei