Quote Originally Posted by CBXBob View Post
Saw at NYC show. Mixed Emotions. Glad I have my 2013 F6B Red. New valk does not have the open engine visual impact of old. Prob a lot better performer. Only one Old Man's opinion, and you know what they say. Good to see lots of new activity from all MFG's
Had a 2014 valkyrie & traded for a leftover 2013 red f6b. Needed luggage space for my copilot. My thought after 4k miles on each. The Valkyrie feels more powerful, probably due to its lesser weight, and didn't exhibit the cold engine 2000 rpm hesitation the f6b has until warm. The Valkyrie will flat out handle the f6b, again due to less weight and an inch larger tire front and rear. Mileage for me was better also. Less wall up front for wind to push against. A small handlebar mount shield was all I needed and would do 500 mile trips to N.C. on the stock seat no problem, but then I've been riding for 46 years and have owned over 80 bikes of all makes. The f6b is a Cadillac on the highway, and the seat is WAY better than the Valkyrie for both of us. I have the tall Honda shield and get no buffering or wind noise at all. Tune volume on 12 to 14 is all I need, anything more hurts my ear, as I can only hear well out of one. Installed centerstand and Honda tour bag behind Show Chrome backrest and all is good. My take: F6b for extended highway trips,but the Valkyrie is great for around town/Dragon Slaying/Snappy fun!