Test Ride - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Test Ride

What Sorcerer said plus

Use 2nd gear for lazy slow situations like parking lots or low speed tight turns. Seriously.
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!

Artiste Extraordinaire Elin in So. Cal.'s Avatar

5,989 smilin' ridin' since 12/2/13. LOVE this bike!

Quote Originally Posted by unsub View Post
    Use 2nd gear for lazy slow situations like parking lots or low speed tight turns. Seriously.
    All that they've said, and this line above is the BEST tip I've had all day... Parking lot on the next ride fo' shure.
    "If it moves, paint it."

Test Ride

Thanks for all the info, I will keep it in mind while I'm riding.

The clutch on my Valk engaged very late in the travel. The clutch engages very early on the F6B, really right away. If you are not careful, it will jump on the first try.

Enjoy!

Another good tip: Don't get ambitious and take her off a curb

All kidding aside, I doubt you need too many tips or pointers. However, respect her weight. She's balanced really low and well, but you can feel her girth in the parking lot, and maneuvering. As others have said, have the dealer demo putting her on the center stand, and practice it once or twice yourself. One other thing I also did was try maneuvering her around the lot with your legs, especially backing her up a level or gentle incline, and maneuvering in and out of a parking space. Simple, but essential crap, you don't want to ride off with something you have limited confidence in. Important that you feel you can maneuver her, as you know there is NO reverse.

Quote Originally Posted by unsub View Post
    1st gear is a granny gear on this bike. You pretty much don't need it, 2nd is great for starting off from lights.

Quote Originally Posted by austin_tech View Post
    Another good tip: Don't get ambitious and take her off a curb
    OMG people, listen to this advice! I went over a speed bump and heard the belly pan scrape. You must take care on curbs and speed bumps on this bike!

Artiste Extraordinaire Elin in So. Cal.'s Avatar

What to learn first...

Quote Originally Posted by austin_tech View Post
    All kidding aside, ... maneuvering her around the lot with your legs, especially backing her up a level or gentle incline,
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! UP an incline? No effin' way that's happening with me and da Red Queen, so I think you ARE kidding! HAHAHA! I get stopped trying to back her out of my garage over a 1/2" rise of asphalt. OK, yeah, I'm short. Sure was embarassing the first time I went rock, rock, ... "Oh phooey."

I have to be uber careful where I park this diva, since she is so heavy. It has been a learning experience, but so far I've only asked for help twice.
    "If it moves, paint it."