Yet another question please!

Thread: Yet another question please!

Yet another question please!

Did I read here somewhere that the saddlebags cannot be opened without the key?

Quote Originally Posted by xcrider View Post
    Did I read here somewhere that the saddlebags cannot be opened without the key?
    That is correct. Unless you have a remote control opener. Then the key mechanism is disconnected.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

correct, some people have made keys that they leave on the bike that will allow he bags to open but don't start the bike.

Actually, you can disconnect the cable from inside so that bags can be opened without the key, which also means they cannot be locked too. So, I disconnected my right bag (the one I use most often) so I don't need a key, but left the other one alone so I can leave it locked in case I leave something in there I don't want walking away. Very easy to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'We are all here on Earth to help others; what on Earth the others are here for I don't know.' - W. H. Auden

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
    Actually, you can disconnect the cable from inside so that bags can be opened without the key, which also means they cannot be locked too. So, I disconnected my right bag (the one I use most often) so I don't need a key, but left the other one alone so I can leave it locked in case I leave something in there I don't want walking away. Very easy to do.

Great idea, are the cables exposed when you remove the seat? Still waiting on Helm Inc. to print up some shop manuals, sorry

Thanks once again for the info. Doesn't seem to be the smartest way Honda could have made those work - JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Willl View Post
    Great idea, are the cables exposed when you remove the seat? ...
    No, you need to remove the rear deck to see the cables.
    You will find two cables on each side. One from the key that engages the lever and one going from the lever mechanism to the saddlebag latch.