Big Red Has Landed!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Big Red Has Landed!

Big Red Has Landed!

Worked out a deal this morning on a new 2103 F6B. Traded in my Harley Heritage. Just got home after riding through a torrential thunderstorm so now the F6 is officially baptized. On my 50 mile ride home I kept saying wow this bike has brakes that work, this bike is so smooth and so fast, this bike handles really well and is actually comfortable without burning up my ass in the 90+ degree heat. First thing to go will be the shorty windscreen. It looks cool, but is totally useless for me. Here is an obligatory first pic.

[IMG][/IMG]

Welcome from Northern Nevada. You're going to love the very fast red color.

Beautiful. I traded my Harley yesterday for an F6B. I like speed so I chose the black one.

I see you have a full face helmet. I was thinking that would help with the short windshield. I really hate to spoil the look with a larger windshield.

and
    The red looks great! And pay no attention to those who will say the black is faster. The truth is, Yellow is fastest!
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

Quote Originally Posted by hoglaw View Post
    Beautiful. I traded my Harley yesterday for an F6B. I like speed so I chose the black one.

I see you have a full face helmet. I was thinking that would help with the short windshield. I really hate to spoil the look with a larger windshield.
    Full face helmet works great with the stock shield. The drawback is you can't hear the radio on the highway.

One of the reasons I got the F6 was because I wanted a fast, smooth bike that handles well and offered great wind protection. The short shield provides no wind protection for me. So even with a full face helmet I'm getting pounded by the wind at highway speeds. Some folks may be perfectly happy with the stock windscreen and a full face, but it's definitely not for me. No doubt the F6 looks great with the shorty windscreen, but I'm more about function. There are some shorter recurve shields that still looks great and offer significantly better wind protection than stock. I like the looks of the Klockwerks Flare shield, but fear it would still allow too much wind. I'm after peace and quiet at this point which I why I got rid of my Harley.

Do a search for windshields. We've discussed all of them.

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?4...ght=windshield

Welcome from The Tar Heel State. Enjoy the fast red one.
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

from Sunny South Florida! Yes you did buy the fastest color.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

nice...welcome brother...(its the sleath one too!!)