2014 F6B is here. - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2014 F6B is here.

Yellow is my favorite color and I've had my fingers crossed that Honda would pick that for the 2014 model. Needless to say I am one happy camper and will definitely be buying an F6B in that lovely shade next fall. Last yellow bike I owned was a new Norton Combat Commando 750 in 1974. Of all the bikes I've bought and sold, that one should have been a keeper. Like others on this forum, I'm hoping that the quality of the new yellow paint has improved greatly over this year's effort.
    In regard to the rear air suspension, I'd be interested to know how it compares to the hydraulic setup in performance, and how much weight will it add to the bike. I'm assuming it will have an onboard compressor like the Goldwing but maybe not. Harley uses a cheap little hand pump that you carry on the bike. One of several reasons I stopped looking at a new Roadking. I'd expect a bit more from Honda.
    Anyway, thanks for any info. It's going to be a long, hard wait until next fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
    Last yellow bike I owned was a new Norton Combat Commando 750 in 1974.

Ah...are you certain it was a '74 ? I owned an original 1974 Norton 850 Commando, bought new in August 1973, a Red one, and from what I remember the last 750cc Nortons were some early left over 1973 models. Most 1973 Nortons were the 850 Commandos, and you could get the Combat heads on a 1972 750cc, and it was sold as a 1973 model. I currently own a 1974 Norton 850 Commando, in Black.

Miles,
    I'll yield to your superior memory. I was buying a new bike about every month back then and I've lost track of the years of those Nortons. I bought the yellow Combat 750 in what must have been 1973, rode it for a while, traded it in on another new Honda 750, traded that in on a new Kawasaki 750H2, then traded that in on a Norton 850 Interstate. That bike was black with gold pin stripes and had a bigger fuel tank if my memory serves me correct. Which it obviously hasn't, so far. That new bike madness went on for some time. There were so many great bikes coming out of Japan and England during the 70s that I couldn't stop. I was in my 20s, and that's my excuse.

Horseman, you are correct...memory back on-board...that the Norton 850 Commando Interstate model had the larger fuel tank. The guys I rode with back in those days, one had the same bike as yours...a black Interstate, while another had a black roadster, and I had the red roadster. It was nice to have the larger tank, but they were an ugly addition to the bike. I liked the looks of my smaller roadster tank, but had to stop for fuel more often.

Any Color you want - Honda of Russellville

Pick a color chip, call Wes at HOR and he'll have your new F6B painted for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    I want the NEW Pearl Blue paint that is for the 2014 GoldWing on a F6B

That Pearl Blue looks

The reason I have the red is it was the only deluxe on the floor and I wanted heated grips.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Got to see the Yellow '14 for the first time today. Very bright and a lot of pearl. Quite sure with the pearl, it has Honda's version of soft clear coat (like the soft clear coat I had on my '12 metallic red Wing ). Not really a yellow fan myself but for those who are, nice looking machine.
    Attachment 5012Attachment 5013
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]