Anyone with the Rivco Aero flip outs
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone with the Rivco Aero flip outs

Anyone with the Rivco Aero flip outs

I really like the look of the flip outs but was wondering how hard it is to open with the toe of your boot while riding?

Quote Originally Posted by stepbill View Post
    I really like the look of the flip outs but was wondering how hard it is to open with the toe of your boot while riding?
    IMO it is not real easy. But they are easy to close with your boot. Some have drilled and tapped a small hole and added a stud and acorn nut which they say works well. I love my Rivco pegs but when I open them I just reach down and flip them out.

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    Almost impossible to flip out with your boot while riding without some kind of modifications. I leave mine open all the time.

I have no problem opening them with my workboots on. You can adjust the lock nut under the peg and makes it easier to deploy.

My solution was to stick a small dot of hook & loop material (the hook side only) under the tip. This adds just enough grip so it's easy to open and close with the toe of your boots.

Quote Originally Posted by stepbill View Post
    No problems for me, just a flick of the toe and they pop out.

Cool

I had a set and ended up selling them due to short leg syndrome..... prior to ...I drilled and tapped a bolt with nut washer and it worked out real well...nice piece, very well made!!!!

****** If you have them and ever remove them MAKE SURE you use new double sided tape to re install.....don't ask how I know but a replacement is $38.00 for the Honda emblem
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Hey Steve, thanks for the black brake pedal. Good price, looks awesome.

I'm able to reach down as I ride and flip them open with my hands. Of course I try to NOT have any on-coming traffic, in case I drift a bit.
    Closing them is not a problem.

That may not be the best idea, but once they are open, they stay open until my riding is over.
    The looks I get when people see them open and then closed is priceless.

I'M NOT REAL HAPPY WITH RIVCO TODAY. I placed an order online for the pegs, to use on my upcoming Daytona trip. Got an email this afternoon that they were backordered and would be three weeks. Emailed em back and told them that wouldn't work. After I hit the send button, I picked up the phone and called them to see if chrome (gasp!!!) were in stock. Figured the extra hundred dollars would be worth it to have some pegs for the trip. No luck, out of stock too. The kicker? They are out of stock in the shop, because they are all loaded on the truck to go to Daytona, and they wouldn't get any off for me, claimed the loaded truck was somewhere for maintenance. Fine, I'll put you on my list of products that may be great, but I'll never know, because I'll shop elsewhere. If you read this RIVCO, call me, you know who I am. I have something else to say.