License Plate Frame ideas? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: License Plate Frame ideas?

'Miles,
    I can't do 1500 mi / 24 hrs even in a four-wheeled vehicle anymore since I gave up tobacco couple years back! Much respect for ye of ferrous buttocks, but I'll have to look elsewhere for a license bracket
    Also, glad to have you back safe and sane from surgery. I'm new but dug up the lightning story. Absolutely amazing!

-->Russ "

Safe? Yes, thankfully!

Sane? . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by 4DI2D View Post

Safe? Yes, thankfully!

Sane? . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Hambly434 View Post
    Austin,
    Here's a few pics for you.
    These are the blanks that I currently make. Both are 1/4 billet aluminum that I blank up then send out for Black anodize after that it's up to you on what you would want on it.
    Send me a pic or give me an idea of what you want on it then I will draw it up and send you a pic of the computer rendering before I engrave it.

Sorry I don't have a website to view any my parts. This is something I just do on the side on some equipment I have at the house.
    I will try to get a Lic. Plate Frame album started to view some more of the custom ideas other members have come up with.
    These look very cool. I need something that has a rectangular area for our big 'ol annual inspection sticker.
    If I come up with a design do you do custom work?

custom frame

Yes I can make up a custom shaped frame.
    The biggest downfall I can think of is the Black Anodizing cost. I get charged $100 min per color by the plating company weather I have 1 part or 30 parts.
    At this time I don't have anything needed plating to offset that cost for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambly434 View Post
    Yes I can make up a custom shaped frame.
    The biggest downfall I can think of is the Black Anodizing cost. I get charged $100 min per color by the plating company weather I have 1 part or 30 parts.
    At this time I don't have anything needed plating to offset that cost for you.

Attachment 3341

I really like the Goldwing logo, so I drew up the attached. The bottom square part is for Texas' big-ass annual inspection sticker The F6B on top and the Goldwing logo -- can they be completely milled out instead of outlined on some of the other designs I've seen?

I actually think the chrome look is growing on me (on the right). I know you guys may think this is generic but I think it would be cool. Doable?

-->Russ

Mine is black chrome with dark tinted plexi lense cover I made over it, with black fasteners.
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by austin_tech View Post
    Attachment 3341

I really like the Goldwing logo, so I drew up the attached. I know you guys may think this is generic but I think it would be cool. Doable?

-->Russ
    Tag area will have to be at an angle to the face of the plate frame to clear your rear fender.

Honda has a 'nice' chrome OEM Wing-specific plate frame that has the logo, but no where to place the Insp. tag.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Tag area will have to be at an angle to the face of the plate frame to clear your rear fender.

Honda has a 'nice' chrome OEM Wing-specific plate frame that has the logo, but no where to place the Insp. tag.
    I'm thinking about ignoring the tag part. Looks crappy. I've searched around on other forums for 'Texas license plate frame' and seems like:

a) The law states that the tag 'should be visible from the rear and _near_ the license plate'. That leaves a lot of room open to interpretation.

b) Some guys keep the tag in their glove box or wallet. Based on field tests, most LE types ask for it and shrug off when it is produced. I suppose if you do something dumb or piss them off, you're going to get hammered anyways.

My previous bike, a Fury, I had the tag pasted to the license plate bracket arm -- not even visible from rear, and the license was sideways. Dug it -- I think I got away with fewer toll bills too

Is this a case where "everything in Texas is big" should be modified?

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Used to have our Yami Insp tags on stainless plates just underneath the rear of the saddlebags.

The gentleman at the Inspection station 3-4 months ago told me about the recent 'lack of flexibilty' in the laws regarding display. Made it sound like 'visible from the rear' was no longer the one and only requirement.

Yeah, tags look crappy. So do tickets. I've seen too many recently,,