Heated Grips (do you like)
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Heated Grips (do you like)

Heated Grips (do you like)

I just rode 45 miles to work this morning in 34 degree weather (it will be 54 on the way home / and I needed to ride bad).
    I was not cold accept for my hands / I have good leather pants, jacket, boots and TourMaster heated jacket liner.

I used my lighter goat skin perforated gloves because they feel good on the grips (much better control). I have heavy warmer gloves but if the heated grips work then I would really like to use them with my lighter better feeling gloves.

I will be adding the Helibars in the spring if that affects the choice of heated grips. Do I need to buy the expensive Honda OEM heated grips?

Please let me know your experiences and what you think.

I guess since I have not spent any money on the bike in a month or so I feel the need again. After all she is my baby, I love her and nothing is too good for her.
    Steve

Never had them before, but not sure I would buy another bike w/o them....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

They are great. I have the Baker Hand Wings II and heated grips with grip puppies. I have been wearing my summer gloves all season. The closed Baker Wings make a huge difference and then the heated grips allow me to wear lighter gloves. But I have found that I only use the heaters in high or off. Never seen the need to go down in heat.

Try the BHW's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

I have heated grips on my FJR, they are great for keeping your palms warm but the outside of your hands still get cold. For this reason I use heated gloves (my pair are at least 15 yrs old). With heated gloves you can use them on any bike and bikes you may buy in the future. I would not pay extra for heated grips. The cord for heated gloves can sometimes be a hassle but being in south central Texas I rarely need them anyway.

The Heated Grips are definitely worth the cost.
    Here in Connecticut I ride all year as long as the roads are clear. I have Heated Gloves AND I installed the OEM Heated Grips.
    In cooler temps when I don't need my heavy Heated Gloves the grips do a great job. In fact I rode to Daytona last October and was sure glad to have them as I didn't bring my heave Heated Gloves.
    Also,, in my opinion the OEM Honda Grips are just plain worth it. If I am going to install anything that I need to depend on, then I am willing to spend a few extra $$ and go OEM.

I spent most of my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

I run HeliBars and the OEM heated grips on my F6B with Iso grips over it all and they work fine, just a tad longer to get hot and they do get real warm. Here in Calif. I don't need them very often, but on them cold morning rides or late night rides home they are a blessing IMO and wonder why I never had them before on any of my steel steeds.

helibars3.jpg

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Yes I have them but have only used them once...Don't work as good through the larger Kury grips but I don't really care..... Okay for those who ride in colder weather I suppose....

Heated grips and Baker Air Wings are a great combo (Hot Wings!! ). The nice thing about heated grips vs heated gloves, is that you always have them with you. Even on a surprise cool evening in the summer, spring, fall, you can turn on the heat.

I have Helibars and ISO grips. I have super heated grips (block heaters). They do take longer to migrate the heat through the ISO grips. It is significantly longer on a short trip. Not a problem on a longer trip.
    Albuquerque, NM

They work great and on the B, they have multiple heat settings which is a plus. Much nicer than the last bike's heated grips.

Being temporarily here in SoCal I haven't had much use for them yet, however its nice to have the option.