Five months and one day. 15,693 miles :) - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Five months and one day. 15,693 miles :)

Must be getting close to needing new rubber!
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Quote Originally Posted by GaTeach View Post
    I'm absolutely mean as a snake.

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Dang Teach!! When have you got time to teach?! That's like 3 or 4 years for me. Somebody has got to work. In all seriousness glad you are enjoying the bike. I am kinda jealous though.
    I ride to work and then make the kids watch me ride in circles around the parking lot.

I ride to work and then make the kids watch me ride in circles around the parking lot.
    So that's where the miles came from!
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer View Post
    Good job. Took me 7months to do 15,678. Did you have the summer off?
    Of course! That's why I teach. But I didn't get her until June 27 and I started back to work on July 27. That was a fun month.

Damn Teach... That's awesome!!!

shooter
    I knew I should have been a Teacher. Dang It!!!!!

Hi Teach! Just keeping in touch. My sister is a retired teacher and always complained about how busy she was. It's apparent that you know to get things done. Keep up the good work! And remember-Big C. visits in a couple weeks. Pick your goodies now and avoid the rush. Guns and gas!!

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by hardtail View Post
    Hi Teach! Just keeping in touch. My sister is a retired teacher and always complained about how busy she was. It's apparent that you know to get things done. Keep up the good work! And remember-Big C. visits in a couple weeks. Pick your goodies now and avoid the rush. Guns and gas!!
    I mentor first-year teachers and the first thing I tell them is not to get in the habit of taking work home. No No No! You work to live, not live to work.

The second thing I tell them is "You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit."

And I get paid to do this?

shooter
    First wife was a teacher. I watched her drag thousands of boxes if work home for 23 years. She never had time to do anything with the kids or myself. She spent 23 years sitting at the kitchen table doing school work. She rode with me one time. My current wife works in financial aid at the local junior college. She rides with me almost every week during the warmer months. She shares my love for riding. You're right Teach. They can't take all that work home. Its a killer for the marriage and home-life.