What's my bike worth---government says........

Thread: What's my bike worth---government says........

What's my bike worth---government says........

Had the B just about a year and was filling out my online registration. Here in NC you now pay your county property taxes when you renew the tags and I just noticed that NC says my 2013 F6B is worth $15, 050 which is quite impressive since I only paid $12,999 a year ago. and now have 10,000 miles on it. I guess they been tracking my reciepts to Wingstuff, Superbrace, Ultimate Seat, Helibars, J&M, D&L, Madstad, Super Brite, Value Accessories, Kuryakan, etc, etc....................Didn't know Hondas gained value like that (Insert Scarcastic smirk HERE )
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

On a similar but different note....My city just sent me an excise tax bill for my new bike. I bought it on November 5th, less than one month of ownership.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    On a similar but different note....My city just sent me an excise tax bill for my new bike. I bought it on November 5th, less than one month of ownership.
    Same here Bro! Last year I got a 45 day plate that could only be renewed when the taxes were paid. Bought it in November and taxes had to be paid by January 15th. Turns out it is $138.90---didn't really go down any and I live in one of the poorest counties in the state. For example--the whole county only has a population of about 15,000 and a total of 5 stoplights. The bright side is I don't really deal with a traffic problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    Same here Bro! Last year I got a 45 day plate that could only be renewed when the taxes were paid. Bought it in November and taxes had to be paid by January 15th. Turns out it is $138.90---didn't really go down any and I live in one of the poorest counties in the state. For example--the whole county only has a population of about 15,000 and a total of 5 stoplights. The bright side is I don't really deal with a traffic problem.
    Guess I don't feel too bad....I had to pay $78 to finish out the year. Not sure if that's a full year cost or not...thinking not. I imagine I'll find out soon enough. New registration is next, but that's reasonable...$20 I think. Then we have inspection month in May, another $15. They get us for everything here. That's what I wasn't sure about getting a bike this late in the year or waiting. I will say this....I'm glad I did it! I'm still enjoying riding into December, and that's saying something for up here.

Oh, and I have 5 stop lights every half mile!
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Man, you guys need to move to a state with no state income tax !!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

F6B, it's an investment (for the goobermint).

shooter
    I have one better than that. The county says my 2011 M109R is still worth $11,000. Only paid $12,000 for it 4 years ago. Yeah and the B is worth $17,000. That's more than I paid for it eighteen months ago. Its not fair. Pizzes me off. Doesn't do any good to argue. I've tried.

Ryder, you're doing better than I am. I purchased mine three weeks ago, and just Friday received in the mail a tax bill for $265.

Hadn't even received my plate yet...and I get a Tax bill already. Was planning on switching to a personalized plate. Now I'm wondering if I'm blocked on that til the tax bill gets paid. Oddly, deadline on it is 31Jan.

....sT
    Journeyman ATCS, retired
    U.S. DOT - Federal Aviation Administration -- 1982-2012

--- Valve Audio: Use a transistor, go to jail .....it's the LAW!! ---

I wonder for those in those states that you could use that if your insurance company claimed bike was worth less in a claim?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by naga viper View Post
    I wonder for those in those states that you could use that if your insurance company claimed bike was worth less in a claim?

Each county (Yes it is the county property taxes--not state) uses it's own measuring stick. Green County, where I live uses a company that goes by the serial number to determine the value. How do I know this, you ask? A few years ago they had my Victory Cross Roads valued at $18,000 when I only paid $11,700 and the book only showed it worth $13,000 retail. They said the serial number had it listed as a Ness Vegas. I argued that and got it reduced to the KBB value which was still more than I paid for offering cash to pay off the lien.

Bottom line: They tell you what it is worth and then expect you to pay up in advance if you want your registration renewed.

I got another long story about trying to keep a vanity plate while I sold the bike and they insisted I pay tax in the interim on a $15,000 Harley which I had sold, just because I wanted to keep the plate. Short story--they threatened to call security (Sheriff's Dept) and now the wife has all the dealings when somebody has to go to the local tax office.