Anyone use this service manual on CD-ROM?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone use this service manual on CD-ROM?

Anyone use this service manual on CD-ROM?

Hi guys,
    I was just checking out eBay for the factory service manual for my 2013 F6B. Every bike I've ever owned one of the first things I've bought is the Helm Factory Service Manual for it. eBay has the Helm book for $75. Or there is this manual on CD-ROM:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-2013-Ho...0/291349759321

Does anyone have experience with this CD? How does it compare with the Helm book? I'm hoping it's just a digitized version of the book, though I'm sure that would violate copyright laws, I'd rather pay $10 (with shipping) than $75.

Thanks for your expertise!

I wouldn't expect much, I bought one for a previous bike and it was just scanned pages. Not searchable, not legitimate.

Yes I have one

In Oct 2015 I did in fact purchase one of these from an Ebay seller for about that price. Of course, the F6B is not included. The one I purchased was a PDF download and is the full GL1800 Honda Factory Service Manual- a real deal if your a full winger and that's what you're looking for. I later purchased the F6B hard copy service manual from Helm Inc. The download was 268Mb and I purchased it primarily so I could keep a copy of it on a micro SD card in my smart phone so I'd have it while traveling if necessary (as most information is the same). No substitute for the hard copy manual however - JMHO.

2015F6B

Quote Originally Posted by 2015F6B View Post
    In Oct 2015 I did in fact purchase one of these from an Ebay seller for about that price. Of course, the F6B is not included. The one I purchased was a PDF download and is the full GL1800 Honda Factory Service Manual- a real deal if your a full winger and that's what you're looking for. I later purchased the F6B hard copy service manual from Helm Inc. The download was 268Mb and I purchased it primarily so I could keep a copy of it on a micro SD card in my smart phone so I'd have it while traveling if necessary (as most information is the same). No substitute for the hard copy manual however - JMHO.

2015F6B
    Thanks, I think I'll save a potential disappointment and buy the hard copy. I just sent a message to the seller about this item:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-2012-2...5/192059752144
    The item title says it's for the F6B but the pics are for the GL1800A book. Before I buy I want confirmation of what I'm getting. Thanks for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Train View Post
    Thanks, I think I'll save a potential disappointment and buy the hard copy. I just sent a message to the seller about this item:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-2012-2...5/192059752144
    The item title says it's for the F6B but the pics are for the GL1800A book. Before I buy I want confirmation of what I'm getting. Thanks for the feedback.
    OK now I'm really confused. The seller sent me this link:

http://gl1800riders.com/forums/4-gen...?action=thread

I've read the discussion, seems there is a lot of confusion about these books. The pictures the seller has posted seems it is for the 2012 GL1800/A which according to Helm's website is different than the one for the F6B. Here is what it says on the Helm website.

2012-2013 GL1800/A Service Manual & Electrical Troubleshooting Manual
    Price: $79.95 In Stock
    Pkg Qty: 1
    (English, Paper, 61MCA61)

2012-2016 GL1800A GL1800B Service Manual and Electrical Manual W/O Binder
    Price: $85.25 In Stock
    Pkg Qty: 1
    (English, Paper, 61MCA65)

So while the seller has it listed as the 61MCA65, the pics seem to be for the 61MCA61
    He hasn't confirmed that his is the 65, just that I can return it if I'm not happy with it. So my question to all of you guys is, is the book this seller selling the right book, the one you guys have? Or is it the GL1800/A book and should I pass on it? Also, what is the difference between the 2 books? His is $75 including the binder with free shipping, Helms is $85.25 plus shipping and does NOT include the binder.

Thanks for your guidance guys and Merry Christmas to everyone!

Hi guys,
    I was just checking out eBay for the factory service manual for my 2013 F6B. Every bike I've ever owned one of the first things I've bought is the Helm Factory Service Manual for it. eBay has the Helm book for $75. Or there is this manual on CD-ROM:
    What's a CD-ROM??
    2016 F6B Matte Grey
    2016 XDiavel (Sadly...gone)
    2014 M109r (FHD Classic) (Sadly...gone)
    2014 VRSCF (Gone)
    2006 VTX 1300C (Gone)

"I find as I get older that I have less and less to say about more and more. I thought I was mellowing as I got older, turns out I just don’t give a sh1t.”

Quote Originally Posted by Switchmonkey View Post
    What's a CD-ROM??
    It's an antiquated technology, you know, like having a headphone jack on your cell phone!

Here is a link to the one I bought ($85 on eBay).
    Excellent manual, easily 2.5 inches thick.

Now I need a 7 ring binder that isn't 20 bucks!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-2012-2...5/152202522599

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by JMartin View Post
    Here is a link to the one I bought ($85 on eBay).
    Excellent manual, easily 2.5 inches thick.

Now I need a 7 ring binder that isn't 20 bucks!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-2012-2...5/152202522599

Jim
    Thanks Jim, I saw that one on eBay too. I was just trying to figure out if the other one (that includes the binder and is $10 cheaper) is basically the same thing or not, and is the one you got worth spending $30 (with binder) more or not.

Thanks Jim, I saw that one on eBay too. I was just trying to figure out if the other one (that includes the binder and is $10 cheaper) is basically the same thing or not, and is the one you got worth spending $30 (with binder) more or not.
    The 7 ring binder is hard to come by. The book (technically two of them) is bound together. I intend to take it to a printer and have the binding sheared off so it becomes a loose-leaf. That way I can take the pages I intend to use, make some disposable copies that I don't care about, and keep the master binder clean and neat.

I've done this with my ST1100 and the ST1100P supplement.