2013 F6B at dealership - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2013 F6B at dealership

Went to check out the private sale Deluxe w/OEM LED fog lights w/painter lowers, (2) CC Bailey dark,11/13" shields,4,600, $17,500.00
    First thing was he lived a mile down a dirt road. All that means to me is paint chips but I never could have seen any because the bike was in the corner of the garage w/a cover on it and when He removed the cover the bike looked like it just came from a 600 mile ride and had not been cleaned yet. He apologized but hey, it's been on Craigs list for a couple of months, you have a big heated shed w/in 30 yards of the shop and you knew I was interested and was coming over to look at it. Unless I can talk him down a lot, I am not interested.

I like a clean bike. I have friends that very, very seldom clean their bikes. Different strokes...

Went to check out the private sale Deluxe w/OEM LED fog lights w/painter lowers, (2) CC Bailey dark,11/13" shields,4,600, $17,500.00
    First thing was he lived a mile down a dirt road. All that means to me is paint chips but I never could have seen any because the bike was in the corner of the garage w/a cover on it and when He removed the cover the bike looked like it just came from a 600 mile ride and had not been cleaned yet. He apologized but hey, it's been on Craigs list for a couple of months, you have a big heated shed w/in 30 yards of the shop and you knew I was interested and was coming over to look at it. Unless I can talk him down a lot, I am not interested.

I like a clean bike. I have friends that very, very seldom clean their bikes. Different strokes...

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Will sleep a couple of times on that , thanks Miles.
    Choptop,
    Where are you in Wisconsin? I am from Mayville. I am looking for people to ride with when the weather permits. I don't have an F6B yet but have been looking the past year or so. I looked at two standard F6B's..one in Waukesha(black) and one in Fon du lac(red). We'll see if I can swing a second bike this year. Tom

Quote Originally Posted by 75tsiegel View Post
    Choptop,
    Where are you in Wisconsin? I am from Mayville. I am looking for people to ride with when the weather permits. I don't have an F6B yet but have been looking the past year or so. I looked at two standard F6B's..one in Waukesha(black) and one in Fon du lac(red). We'll see if I can swing a second bike this year. Tom
    Born and raised in Neosho, went to Hartford High, currently up around Menomonie/ Eau Claire.

Born and raised in Neosho, went to Hartford High, currently up around Menomonie/ Eau Claire.
    I drive through Neosho a few times per week but I don't get up in the Eau Claire area. Good luck in 2014. Look me up if you go through Mayberry this year on your new F6B..!

Quote Originally Posted by 75tsiegel View Post
    I drive through Neosho a few times per week but I don't get up in the Eau Claire area. Good luck in 2014. Look me up if you go through Mayberry this year on your new F6B..!
    Will do, get down their a couple of times a year to visit family.

Dont trade anything in on new in Ct.
    Our govenor deciced after being elected, to charge sales tax again on the vehicle if you trade it in. So you pay when you buy it the first time and again (trade in value + new vehicle purchase difference) so the full transaction amout of the new vehicle is taxed.

Some sort of redistribution of wealth I guess. Of course you can buy a new Cadilac Escalade with a CT well fare credit card!
    Yeah I'm a little bitter about giving away money I work for.... so others don't have to work.

I don't B**ch as much when I can ride. The weather up here has me going through 2 wheel withdrawls. Hope to get out for a blast in the next few days so I can calm down. Snow's gone, and recent rain has washed roads pretty well. Now it they dry just a little, I go!

The guy w/the used/dirty bike called today to see if I was interested, talked about my concern about bike being put up for the winter full of dead bugs on fairing, living on a dirt road, he kind of blew it off. Dealer w/the Deluxe w/800 miles for 17,500.,has been calling me, said he can do better, wants me to have it,yada,yada,yada. Called the bank today. Left message at dealer that has had standard, black on the floor since they came out, wants to much for it, offer 16,500.00 , asked to call me back, never did.

Some what local bike shop has had a Black standard on the showroom floor for the last 9 months or so, stopped in a couple of times to look at it, latest being 2 weeks ago. Kind of put it in the back of my mind because I though the Deluxe would be the way to go. Ya the Deluxe extra's would be nice but I have a lift, can cancel my own signals, have done this long w/out heated grips and can put a backrest on later,g'friends gotta be kept some what happy,. I called them last week and left a message that I would give them 16,500. for it, did not hear back, didn't give my name, just left number, so I decided to stop in today. First thing salesman says is " hi Mark, sorry I didn't get back w/you ". Anyway he said, boss is ok w/16,500. ,would you split shipping w/me, 390.00 ?

So it has no miles, I want one but don't want to have to look at it for 3 - 4 months, decisions, decisions. Tomorrow I am going to call up the dealer w/the Deluxe w/800 miles and see how far down from the 17,500. they will come.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Some what local bike shop has had a Black standard on the showroom floor for the last 9 months or so, stopped in a couple of times to look at it, latest being 2 weeks ago. Kind of put it in the back of my mind because I though the Deluxe would be the way to go. Ya the Deluxe extra's would be nice but I have a lift, can cancel my own signals, have done this long w/out heated grips and can put a backrest on later,g'friends gotta be kept some what happy,. I called them last week and left a message that I would give them 16,500. for it, did not hear back, didn't give my name, just left number, so I decided to stop in today. First thing salesman says is " hi Mark, sorry I didn't get back w/you ". Anyway he said, boss is ok w/16,500. ,would you split shipping w/me, 390.00 ?

So it has no miles, I want one but don't want to have to look at it for 3 - 4 months, decisions, decisions. Tomorrow I am going to call up the dealer w/the Deluxe w/800 miles and see how far down from the 17,500. they will come.
    YES!!!!! Those mats need a home!!!!

You can add (more) accessories before riding season!!!!! (We can help you with that!!!! )

Standard vs Deluxe:

(I have a Standard)

A center stand can be found online for ~100~. (Highly recommended to have one)

Heated grips,,, I can see where that would be nice in WI. I'm in Houston.

Self cancelling sigs,,, I've heard that several folks are not happy with them as they cancel a little on the 'early' side.

The only thing I might have needed a Deluxe for was the b/rest,,, but not because I have a passenger,,, (Wife rides her own) Its because it makes it easier to add a rack/secure some additional luggage.

(FYI, IMHO, one of, if not THE best rack for the F6B; http://wingstuff.com/products/35354-...gage_racks-f6b )