Observations from the Franklin ride - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Observations from the Franklin ride

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    The Rivco Aero flip out pegs provided the ability to shift seating position. Loved em.

Are they spring loaded? I see that the product literature claims that they can be flipped out with the toe of a boot. How easy are they to open/close, especially while riding? Did you just leave them open and available at all times?

On my last long ride, 1104 miles in 16 hours and 39 minutes from Anthem, Az. To Corinth, Tx., I had Mustang seat, SuperBrace, Go Cruise throttle lock, Grip Puppies, OEM Honda F6B optional tall windshield, belly pan, and Kury Ergo II highway pegs with mini arms. I stowed my gear in a T Bag Laconia luggage rack bag. I had drink holder, GPS, and cell phone mounted on RAM mounts on the handle bars. This combination made the trip enjoyable for my 65 year old body even though I got cold and rainy weather on that ride last November. My helmet was a Bell half helmet. I will use a 3/4 with face shield on my next long ride.

My understanding of the belly pan in cross winds is it eliminates the voids under the bike and completes the aerodynamics. For whatever reason, the belly pan works and it protects all the bike components housed just above the frame.

Since that ride, I have added Baker Built hand air wings that I swear by. Those things should be stock on big fairing motorcycles.

Attachment 8123image.jpgimage.jpgAttachment 8126
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by bigswole31 View Post
    Are they spring loaded? I see that the product literature claims that they can be flipped out with the toe of a boot. How easy are they to open/close, especially while riding? Did you just leave them open and available at all times?
    I have the Rivco pegs and love them. Not sure if they are spring loaded, but don't think so. I have no problem flipping them out with my boots while riding, but others have said they have difficulty doing it. Closing them while riding shouldn't be an issue for anyone. You can open them before leaving your driveway and keep them open while riding on regular roads. In the twisties I would close them though. They do sit high and haven't scraped yet in normal riding conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by bigswole31 View Post