2017 Rally - Attendance Information (take 2) - Page 19
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Rally - Attendance Information (take 2)

Quote Originally Posted by rickw View Post
    There have been at least 5 cancellations from this group today alone for the Vacation Lodge because of the weather forecast.
    If anyone wants a room there should be no problem.
    I didn't cancel, haven't washed my F6B in a while, the rain should clean it up a bit.
    Plus, braving the weather builds character and riding skills, as well as donning the rain suit, gotta make sure it still fits!

Just a wee bit o' rain.....no worries

Quote Originally Posted by rickw View Post
    There have been at least 5 cancellations from this group today alone for the Vacation Lodge because of the weather forecast.
    If anyone wants a room there should be no problem.
    Wow. I'm hoping there's more to it than just weather.
    I know of a few people who have PM'd me about some personal issues that will prevent them from coming.

Remember, the most motivating thing at a specific bike rally is seeing all the bikes and what has been done to/with them.
    Lighting
    Stereo
    Fiberglass work
    Controls
    And even name badges
    And perhaps we'll be able to tell who has the best wax from all the beading.....

The most rewarding thing at a bike Rally is the camaraderie time under the tent.
    This is paramount to any community of like minded persons.
    Putting names with faces, voice tones with words, inflections & mannerisms - or lack thereof!
    It's all goodness because we are all on two wheels, and those 2 wheels are attached to......."the best bike ever."

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Wow. I'm hoping there's more to it than just weather.
    I know of a few people who have PM'd me about some personal issues that will prevent them from coming.

Remember, the most motivating thing at a specific bike rally is seeing all the bikes and what has been done to/with them.
    Lighting
    Stereo
    Fiberglass work
    Controls
    And even name badges
    And perhaps we'll be able to tell who has the best wax from all the beading.....

The most rewarding thing at a bike Rally is the camaraderie time under the tent.
    This is paramount to any community of like minded persons.
    Putting names with faces, voice tones with words, inflections & mannerisms - or lack thereof!
    It's all goodness because we are all on two wheels, and those 2 wheels are attached to......."the best bike ever."

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!
    Steve
    Rubbing it in pretty well aren't you Steve?!?

I'm well aware that that is what I'll be missing and do not doubt that it was a very tough decision and one I did not make lightly. Weather be damned, wasn't even a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    Rubbing it in pretty well aren't you Steve?!?

I'm well aware that that is what I'll be missing and do not doubt that it was a very tough decision and one I did not make lightly. Weather be damned, wasn't even a factor.
    Elroy,
    I KNOW you did not cancel 'lightly.'
    In fact - no one makes plans and cancels them 'happily.'

This was not aimed at you or anyone in particular - we all MUST ride our own ride and I respect that.
    Takes more 'steel' to publicly cancel than not.

We've got a few inclement weather activities planned and we're gonna have good time - rain or shine.
    Speaking of 'shine, maybe JimmyTee can bring some of that Kentucky Bourbon with him.....I'm a scotch guy, but that's starting to sound tasty.

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

one nighter

i'm riding to my brother's place in NC. i may stop/stay wednesday night for a "brief" hello and bug out east thursday morning.
    i don't know where i will spend the night yet, but then again, i never make plans that far in advance, lol.

ride safe,
    steve

oh,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, hambly and bowhunter, look for me on your travels, lol
    What? Coffee ISN'T free?

Rode-map

We have talked to multiple people today and yes we are going to have a great rally.
    Because of the possibility of spending a little more time socializing for a morning or so and a few recent requests we are bringing the trailer down.

We put in one or two of quite a few things that you can look at and purchase or even install. We have the roller box in with tools also.
    Teresa is not coming so it will be a little different, we are going to be a slight more efficient and a lot less stuff. Just bike items. She would like to see everyone but has other plans and we are coming back down in just a few weeks for another rally.
    If there is anything you want from our web site you will have to let us know by tomorrow evening.

Looking forward to seeing and riding with everyone again.
    Rick

I'm still coming...

In Kennesaw, Georgia right now.... waiting on night to turn into day so I can go to Traxxion Dynamics in Woodstock, and get the front end reworked/improved.

Atlanta traffic is hell on earth. I've never seen anything quite like it.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post

In Kennesaw, Georgia right now.... waiting on night to turn into day so I can go to Traxxion Dynamics in Woodstock, and get the front end reworked/improved.

Atlanta traffic is hell on earth. I've never seen anything quite like it.
    Welcome to Jawja!!!!

GaTeach
    Elroy,

This was not aimed at you or anyone in particular - we all MUST ride our own ride and I respect that.

We've got a few inclement weather activities planned and we're gonna have good time - rain or shine.
    Speaking of 'shine, maybe JimmyTee can bring some of that Kentucky Bourbon with him.....I'm a scotch guy, but that's starting to sound tasty.

Cheers,
    Steve
    Weather? What? Are you made of sugar?

GaTeach
    Elroy,

Cheers,
    Steve
    Somebody just might be bringing some of mama's pecan pie...shhhhhhh.