It was fun at first but.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: It was fun at first but....

TennX
    Ive always driven stuff that drew attention...I like the interaction .....never get tired of hearing "that brings back memories"...I look forward to owning the F6B...

It's pretty standard fare for me. This is my 4th bike. I've owned a Suzuki Madura, Yamaha V-Max, Valkyrie, and now the F6B. I wouldn't describe any of them as "standard fare" - they've all drawn attention.

Come to think of it - it's all been pretty positive attention too.

Except for the group of Goldwings I passed on the Valkyrie when I was hooliganning it up on the way to test out the F6B. They didn't appreciate being passed at that speed.

Well.. my old wing got lots of nostalga looks (GL1100), and I know this one is going to get more than my VFR1200 for sure!!

I got total attention when I pulled into Corbin's service bay. There were 5 Harley guys and two staff in the bay, especially after I lifted the chin bar on my helmet and said hi .
    Please don't spook the road-sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by gamersince1976 View Post
    It's pretty standard fare for me. This is my 4th bike. I've owned a Suzuki Madura, Yamaha V-Max, Valkyrie, and now the F6B. I wouldn't describe any of them as "standard fare" - they've all drawn attention.

Come to think of it - it's all been pretty positive attention too.

Except for the group of Goldwings I passed on the Valkyrie when I was hooliganning it up on the way to test out the F6B. They didn't appreciate being passed at that speed.

If my wife is with me, I dont even get a second look... after having it for 5 years, her Spyder still gets all the attention at stops..

I just finished a 10 day trip with 12 other bikes, 9 of them were Harleys. I bet I had a dozen people take pictures of my bike at gas stations and hotels, not one of them asked to take a picture of the HD's. I think it started to piss off the Harley owners, "$250,000 dollars worth of Harley Davidsons and they want a picture of the Honda", heard it several times.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    I just finished a 10 day trip with 12 other bikes, 9 of them were Harleys. I bet I had a dozen people take pictures of my bike at gas stations and hotels, not one of them asked to take a picture of the HD's. I think it started to piss off the Harley owners, "$250,000 dollars worth of Harley Davidsons and they want a picture of the Honda", heard it several times.
    Good deal ... I was out riding in Chicago a couple of nights ago ... rode to usual bike spot ... parking lot w/ about 15 Harley's etc ... ALL of the attention was on the F6B !!!!

bike1.jpg

TennX
    Quote Originally Posted by goldtahoe View Post
    Good deal ... I was out riding in Chicago a couple of nights ago ... rode to usual bike spot ... parking lot w/ about 15 Harley's etc ... ALL of the attention was on the F6B !!!!

Attachment 702
    I like Harleys, but design hasn't changed that much in years... now the F6B we all know how unique it is and I cant wait to purchase mine...

I spent the last 13 days working at the Republic Of Texas Biker Rally in Austin Texas. I have been envolved with this rally as a participant or staff member since it started in 1995. I took my F6B on a trailer behind my RV this year and was there for all the events. It got a lot of attention riding around the rally site. I even rode in the VIP section of the Friday night parade to Congress Street with the celebrity Harley inspired bike builders (Arlen and Zack Ness led the parade along with the rock band Twisted Sister) and many of them were all over my bike since they had not seen one before. Heck, I even let a few people sit on it. They could not believe how light it felt.

I still get a lot of attention around town since this bike is so new. I figure the attention will stop as more of our motorcycles are on the road.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ride your F6B at night when no one is looking. I have a 2nd bike which is my everyday bike, the Burgman 650 Exec. I still get a lot of looks and people stopping to talk.

If you ride your F6B at night and don't stop by local biker hangouts or stop anywhere where there are people you'll be safe. By using this method, I have had no one stop me to question me about my F6B. Do the same and you can spend your time having fun riding rather than being stopped