More new Goldwing and F6B pics - Page 7
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: More new Goldwing and F6B pics

Is that a big lipped smiley face?

Looks like it's grinning to me

LOOKS AMAZING! I bet it will get a few more MPG! ( less frontal area)!

similar in many ways to the BMW 1600B

Like SUV's successful platforms start to all look alike.

I would drop some coin on a new F6B if it had all the bells and whistles the BMW K1600B has.
    Be Careful What YOU Wish For

Circle-5

ABS

Quote Originally Posted by Kasperwing View Post
    But seriously, I really want ABS brakes. They can have everything else. BUT ABS saved my hide more times than I can count. More than once, when coming to a stop, at night, there was some thing on the road. I would have gone down if not for ABS.... and I can ride a bike on the front wheel stoppee. But one can not anticipate unknown surface grip, or what might require supreme & accurate stopping abilities! Ask this guy in the video below. He locked his front wheel and went down. He was lucky it was not worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj2FuTQDChY
    I agree 100%. The lack of ABS on heavy motorcycles like the GL-1800 and F6B is nothing short of criminal negligence by American Honda. Every other country in the world includes ABS on all Goldwings and most countries now mandate ABS on any bike over 125cc. American Honda (and only American Honda) puts profits ahead of the safety of its riders. Linked brakes may be nice, but have nothing to do with ABS. This is actually penny-wise and pound-foolish: a single death found to be caused by the lack of ABS on our bikes is likely to wipe away all gains made by such an irresponsible decision, and rightfully so.

Let's hope the moron who was able to allow such an omission is no longer with American Honda and that all new Goldwings and F6Bs will have ABS, beginning with the 2018 model year!

Quote Originally Posted by Circle-5 View Post
    I agree 100%. The lack of ABS on heavy motorcycles like the GL-1800 and F6B is nothing short of criminal negligence by American Honda. Every other country in the world includes ABS on all Goldwings and most countries now mandate ABS on any bike over 125cc. American Honda (and only American Honda) puts profits ahead of the safety of its riders. Linked brakes may be nice, but have nothing to do with ABS. This is actually penny-wise and pound-foolish: a single death found to be caused by the lack of ABS on our bikes is likely to wipe away all gains made by such an irresponsible decision, and rightfully so.

Let's hope the moron who was able to allow such an omission is no longer with American Honda and that all new Goldwings and F6Bs will have ABS, beginning with the 2018 model year!
    Are you a lawyer by any chance?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Op Ed.....

ABS - well, I have a slightly different approach to ABS.
    I don't want it.
    I consider it a hindrance to threshold braking and a foreign gov't mandated crutch for riders who do not practice with their brakes enough.
    The brakes are the MOST important control on a motorcycle and deserving of the most attention & practice.

ABS is a fine feature if your muscle memory and "pucker factor" are not well trained and under control.
    People who ride once a month to the beach bar or poker run are prime candidates for ABS.
    If you find yourself "anally inhaling your seat cushion" every time you have to get on the brakes with purpose, you need more braking practice.

My $0.02.
    Flame retardant suit donned.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Cool hold on a minute Mr. Knievel.....

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    ABS - well, I have a slightly different approach to ABS.
    I don't want it.
    I consider it a hindrance to threshold braking and a foreign gov't mandated crutch for riders who do not practice with their brakes enough...............
    The brakes are the MOST important control on a motorcycle
    ABS is a fine feature if your muscle memory and "pucker factor" are not well trained and under control.
    People who ride once a month to the beach bar or poker run are prime ca....................., you need more braking practice.

My $0.02.
    Flame retardant suit donned.
    Cheers,
    Steve

said the man who just went down and says...." wow, it was a a lot more slippery than I expected"

It is clear to me that you have not watched the video where Moto GP guys were saying they were better than ABS.

The course had water, sand , slimy mud etc. They had to approach and hit the brakes at 30mph. the bikes had out riggers. ABS won every time. "BOOOM mic-drop"

On the other hand, I can stop on dry and make the rear end go high high... I am way better than ABS in that venue. On unknown surface at night, right after a rain...not so much. And I also agree the guy in the video may not have practiced braking.... only the shadow knows for sure...

Question

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Are you a lawyer by any chance?
    know where I can find a good one? Because I read the book , " lawyers snakes and other reptiles"... then that is backed up by watching congress flounder.....
    What do you think about the efficacy of ABS?

I agree. Never had ABS on the dozens of bikes over 40 years. Not interested. Wonder if Takata made the airbag for the Gold Wing? If so, that recall might be in the mail. Was never interested in a Douche Bag equipped Gold Wing.