Need advice on backrest - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Need advice on backrest

Thinking about replacing the stock seat with a Corbin and driver backrest. The stock is pretty comfortable though, don't know yet about long distances, but Im sure a backrest would be nice. I was thinking about using a Cruiser luggage bag to lean back on instead. Any opinions?

we just finished this today. Haven't figured out a price yet, I'm heading to Sturgis tomorrow to test it for a week. its 5" taller at the tallest point. it is totally adjustable, pull a pin in the back and put it where you want it.

backrest 1.jpg

backrest 2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jeffro413 View Post
    we just finished this today. Haven't figured out a price yet, I'm heading to Sturgis tomorrow to test it for a week. its 5" taller at the tallest point. it is totally adjustable, pull a pin in the back and put it where you want it.

Attachment 1339

Attachment 1340
    This is interesting!

That looks really good. Lots of folks are going to be eager to see the details on that one. More pictures, well lit, showing back and side views would be good. Also a good close up, well lit, backview, with the back cover removed from the backrest. The more detail, the better, and of course, the pricing. I think you're on to something here. Hurry back from Sturgis.

Nice

Quote Originally Posted by jeffro413 View Post

Attachment 1339

Attachment 1340
    I'm leaving for San Diego from Philly on 8/2 with the wife in tow. She's not crazy about the stock backrest but was willing to give it a try on a long run. I saw the Corbin seat to late to get it in time for the ride. I ordered the riser from Steve today and I'm praying it makes it here in time. How did your invention hold out in Sturgis? Are you back yet? do you have a price yet? and can you ship next day? hahahaha. Hope you enjoyed Sturgis and had a chance to stop at Full Throttle Salon. I went last year and had a ball!!!!!!!

Can use that riser BAD!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Backre...7a6685&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Backre...r#ht_315wt_911

The listing ran out last night so I put it up again,,,,Thanks again !!!
    I'm leaving for San Diego from Philly on 8/2 with the wife in tow. She's not crazy about the stock backrest but was willing to give it a try on a long run. I saw the Corbin seat to late to get it in time for the ride. I ordered the riser from Steve's post today and I'm praying it makes it here in time. She's going to need something to lean back on and the stock rest is nothing but a butt chock like you said hahahaha

Cool

Roddizog....not to worry...I will send yours out this morning at the Post Office !!!! I will over night it just to be sure your wife is happy....I did leave a message on your phone..... Hope you enjoy your trip!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Roddizog....not to worry...I will send yours out this morning at the Post Office !!!! I will over night it just to be sure your wife is happy....I did leave a message on your phone..... Hope you enjoy your trip!!!!
    Now that's service! Well done Steve!!!

Cool Utopia backrest received today.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawndee View Post

I have a Utopia installed for me, but I have been looking high and low for a decent passenger backrest, the Honda-line one is kind'a silly for me and my gal age group. So far, the only off the shelf option I can find is Corbin. I have also exchanged emails with Bob at Utopia, he is willing to have a look at fabricating a passenger backrest to match the Utopia driver backrest I have. I will have to send him my Honda-line passenger backrest for him to figure out what to do. No problem there. Hopefully someone can propose a third or fourth idea, but since the F6B is so new, there are not a lot of options on the market yet.

(maybe I'll figure out how to add a picture or two)
    Hi Lawndee,

I have just received my Utopia backrest, it's more substantial than it looks in the picture. I don't have my bike yet, but I'll get it fitted when I do. Are you getting along with it OK? I had an Ultimate and backrest on my Rune, and as a disabled rider I found the backrest invaluable Keep us posted on how you get on with it please.

Paul B.........
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

Cool

Thanks Giddyup........Package Mailed... Should be at your door 12 Noon Tuesday no signature required !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com