liking the running/brake light...wigwag not so much - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: liking the running/brake light...wigwag not so much

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Good to see you back Doug. I want to say it's been dull without you , but it hasn't. Stro keeps messing up. Seriously though , great to see you post.

+1
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

shooter
    Rick is that the light that goes along the bottom?. If so that's the one I've been wanting. Does the seat or luggage rack have to come off? Or just the rear lights for the harness?

Shooter, the Kury light along the bottom.Just took off the rear panel to get at the harness (didn't even remove the rear brake/signal lens. There were four (?) nuts- two in a slot on top and two underneath...the two underneath are replaced by nicer Kury ones that also hold the new light. They include a strip of double sided adhesive on the light and I have no idea whay it is supposed to do as it didn't even hold the light in place for me to bolt it...I recall someone else noticing this. I hope Kury doesn't think the adhesive makes any appreciable contact! Might be worth a call to Rick w at wingstuff-thats where I got the [pricey] light

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Good to see you back Doug. I want to say it's been dull without you , but it hasn't. Stro keeps messing up. Seriously though , great to see you post.
    Thanks Shooter and Steve.
    I had been communicating with a couple of members and just reading posts.
    I thought I would come back and not allow myself to get caught up in subjects that have no meaning to me.
    It is counter productive to all parties concerned.
    Back on subject here.
    I went out after it was totally dark last night in my garage and found that the side bars are indeed the same in brightness.
    It is the left diagonal small strip that the bulbs are slightly dimmer than the other side.
    My son came out and looked at it.
    He said someone driving behind probably would not notice the difference and would not be spending any time thinking about it anyway if they did.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by flat6bagger View Post
    Thanks Shooter and Steve.
    I had been communicating with a couple of members and just reading posts.
    I thought I would come back and not allow myself to get caught up in subjects that have no meaning to me.
    It is counter productive to all parties concerned.

Doug
    good luck. I suck at doing that, and it would save me a LOT of angst. Accept the things I cannot changer and change the things I can...My spouting angry (and dubious) "wisdom" probably wont change many minds; it just feels good to win pointless arguments. I'd be a better human, and more likely to have some influence on opinions, if I waited till asked and used honey rather than vinegar.

...and then the kicker of course "and grant me wisdom to know the difference" (between accept and change).

Rick,
    I never said I would be successful at it.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by flat6bagger View Post
    Rick,
    I never said I would be successful at it.

Doug
    well, just by saying it- you reminded me I need to be mindful of that. THREE facebook replies averted so far!!! Thanks

Back to the rear LEDs for a second.
    I bought the side bar lights so as to be seen.
    When it comes to my life,I believe the more illumination to attract attention from behind the motorcycle the better.

Doug

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJ View Post
    Shooter, the Kury light along the bottom.Just took off the rear panel to get at the harness (didn't even remove the rear brake/signal lens. There were four (?) nuts- two in a slot on top and two underneath...the two underneath are replaced by nicer Kury ones that also hold the new light. They include a strip of double sided adhesive on the light and I have no idea whay it is supposed to do as it didn't even hold the light in place for me to bolt it...I recall someone else noticing this. I hope Kury doesn't think the adhesive makes any appreciable contact! Might be worth a call to Rick w at wingstuff-thats where I got the [pricey] light
    Thanks Rick for the info. I appreciate it. I always research a part before I buy it. Rick , like you I can't keep my mouth shut. Too passionate about my beliefs. Doug , put certain people on ignore , do something cause we need you around buddy. Good people are hard to come by.

Here is a Pic...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com