Madstad base mounting issues/question - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Madstad base mounting issues/question

Quote Originally Posted by Dak44312 View Post
    FWIW, I tried calling them more than a few times with some pre-sale questions, only to get voice jail every time. Then I emailed them. That's been over 2 weeks ago and I've not yet had a response. I've read lots of posts saying how great they are to work with...I'm not seeing it.
    Could be that they are on vacation. Give them a chance.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

The bowing on the base plate is possibly caused by people forcing the shield to fit with the outer holes not having been drilled far enough outbound of the center mount hole. On my shield I found I had to do a little elongation work on the two outer mounting holes. 1 minute of work with a rat tail file and the situation was dealt with. I understand this should be addressed as a QA manufacturing issue by Madstad but Im still very happy with my shield.

I'm going from a 2006 BMW R1200RT to a 2016 F6B. I can tell you that I'm going to miss my electric adjustable windscreen. The Madstad looks pretty good to me! Form follows function.

Geoff in CT

Just mounted my 13 inch Madstad today and have the gaps. It appears there is a small gap all the way around but about 1/4 inch on each end. I am hoping it will settle in over time. What was the fix from Madstad? , I may give them a call tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Just mounted my 13 inch Madstad today and have the gaps. It appears there is a small gap all the way around but about 1/4 inch on each end. I am hoping it will settle in over time. What was the fix from Madstad? , I may give them a call tomorrow.
    Madstad sent me a new base... I think the holes were drilled a little larger, that's all. I still have the original base that had the gaps but used some foan weatherstripping to seal up the gaps. No issues anymore... am used to it.

Now have a spare base for R&D :-)

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Normal,I used black foam weather strip to fill it in..works great