Quote Originally Posted by 924Mike Mike View Post
Went down to the Honda dealership to buy a new (2015) F6B and ended up buying a 2008 Honda Goldwing with 17,000 miles, so here is my situation; feel I paid too much, a week later went to pick it up and this is what I decided to do. I put money down and financed the rest and also bought Aegis three year extended coverage for $1,650.00, so to make up or not to spend even more I am dropping the "Aegis" and going to pay off the balance saving $2,130.00 on the finance charge, a $3780.00 total savings. Now I've come to my question to you all. Am I making a mistake dropping the extended coverage? I own a Honda 2014 VT1300CT Interstate and I was going to buy a 2018 Harley Davidson Softail Deluxe for my next ride and a friend was saying the bike you have is the less maintenance ride. So now owning the Gold Wing a very clean bike and a very low mileage I am thinking I am throwing money away on the Aegis. So you all owning the Goldwings know about or at least could advise me on this.
Shoulda gone with your first instinct and bought the ‘15 F6B.

Having said that, 17,000 miles is not many for a Gold Wing. It’s barely broken in. I feel $1600 is a lot for a three year warranty on a machine that is proven to go many times its current mileage. I think you’re probably gonna be better off doing what you’re doing and paying off that note. I’d probably do the same thing. I’m not a gambler, but I’d bet on the track record of the Honda brand and the Gold Wing in particular.

Enjoy your new ride. 👍🏽