Bagger Comparison - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bagger Comparison

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Well, let her then! You take the 6 out and she can ride the Glide!!!

My wife was always a 'I'm perfectly happy to ride with YOU!' kinda gal until I twisted her arm enough to take the MSF class. Long story short, ever since we got her first bike, she hasn't been on the back of mine since!
    Oh I wish!!! I even got her a little Buddy 50cc scooter to learn on. I have no idea why anyone would rather ride on the back??? If she knew some the the things that almost happen…anyway not gunna happen

The Vaquero tested had ABS and cruise but the F6B was still the winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Well, let her then! You take the 6 out and she can ride the Glide!!!

My wife was always a 'I'm perfectly happy to ride with YOU!' kinda gal until I twisted her arm enough to take the MSF class. Long story short, ever since we got her first bike, she hasn't been on the back of mine since!
    I taught the msf class for 5 years. The girls were better "listeners" than the guys. I finally talked some of my buddies, who I had been riding with for years, into taking the experienced riders class. Two of them said " Wow, you can stop a lot better when you use the front break too!"

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    I taught the msf class for 5 years. The girls were better "listeners" than the guys. I finally talked some of my buddies, who I had been riding with for years, into taking the experienced riders class. Two of them said " Wow, you can stop a lot better when you use the front break too!"
    I have no doubt the Ladies listen better! They are serious, and guys 'know it all' already,,,

I never could understand the fascination with NOT using the front brake,,, Decades ago, I started riding an old 125 zuki,,,, on gravel,,, Even then, it doesn't take much to realize the front brake IS your friend!!!

Front brake,,, DON'T leave home without one!!!

Artiste Extraordinaire Elin in So. Cal.'s Avatar
    This is so good to read. Not only are "youse guys" helpful as all getout, you recognize the women as mostly willing and equal participants in the love of these machines. I wish more wives would realize the joys of riding their own machines themselves, but many just stay securely in their roles as supporters of the love you have for riding.

I'm sure there's no perfect partner, but hug the ones you have.

Waxing maudlin... sorry !
    "If it moves, paint it."

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    ALWAYS more room for Lady riders!!! "Why not?" is the attitude today.

But,,, I believe I've told you before Elin there are times when I'm NOT appreciative of Lady riders,,, Like my wife,,,

Wife and I have always had more or less the 'same' bikes,,, Different colors mostly, but mostly the same make/model. Never fails,,, only one of us ever gets the 'thumbs up' or smile / wave,,, and it ain't me! Darn those Lady riders!!!!

Just got to say.

Christmas 2003 my wife who does not ride due to vertigo, gave me my first Goldwing. A 2004 Titanium. What a gal. Same wife for 51 years, third Goldwing.
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.