Heel toe yes no? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Heel toe yes no?

Quote Originally Posted by JesseS View Post
    I hate to change into boots for a quick trip to dinner or the dealer.
    Ya bought a Honda....why the hell you going to the "dealer"?

Quote Originally Posted by runerider1 View Post
    Ya bought a Honda....why the hell you going to the "dealer"?
    Good Point, let's see, new helmet, bike cover, helmet for the spouse (that one took 2 hours) show off all the new accessories, oh yea, sold my enclosed trailer to the salesman. Anyway my point was the tennis shoes are crap for a toe shifter.

TH Shifter

I have the Kury toe heel shifter and floor board package on my bike. It works great. I got used to the TH shifter on my VTX1800N. Once you get used to them it is hard to go back. I enjoy the bike much more with this setup.
    Bob

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    When I ordered the Kury H/T shifter, I thought about going 'all in' with the Kury full board/ H/T shifter package. (Or the Rivco's) As I already had the Kury mini B's, and like the 'tilt' feature, I opted for the H/T only,,, At least for now!

It may be a while before I get to test out my new set-up,,, I just sent our seats to RDL a couple days ago,,, Probably be the end of the month before they get back.

(Thought about strappin a big pillow on the bike in the meantime, but,,,,,,,,,,,,, NAH!!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Who else prefers a heel-toe?

Read a little hub-bub about transmission warranty issues when heel toe units were installed, but I have my own theory on cause-effect, and I ain't skeered!

Anyway, in the process of setting my 6 up with a H/T

Less is more, and I started with the Show Chrome heel shifter. It appeared to be everything I needed, but when it got here, I found out it won't work with my Kury mini-boards.

Currently have the Kury heel toe shifter sitting on my desk. Looks like the clearance issues of the Show Chrome unit caused by my mini-boards shouldn't be an issue with the Kury.

Anyone else using a H/T?
    I have the kury heel-toe on mine. Took a little getting used to after riding HD heel-toe for 15 years but way better than toe shift in my book anyway. I guess to each his own. Dickie

OK

I have a 'Rattlebars' (they are no longer around) heel toe shifter on my Valkyrie and love it. I have not put one on the F6B and not sure If I will or not. A different riding position on each bike and the toe shifting of the F6B seems to be ok, the Valk was harder to shift because of riding position so the heel toe shifter was a must.

Pics.

Finally installed the heel toe, Got it on and decided I might prefer just the heel part, so I pulled the 'toe' peg off and plan on using the 1 inch 'nub' to down shift so I don't have to raise my toes as high. (I'm a lazy shifter, LOL!!!) I may put the toes peg back on, dunno yet,,

Mini boards are tilted forward slightly, and I still have room enough to 'hook' a size 12 heel over the back of the board w/o hitting the heel shifter.

NO ROAD TESTING DONE as I have no seat! (LOL!)

Kick stand is somewhat between the heal shifter and board when raised. Not impossible to lower by any means, but one might want to watch what they were doing vs blindly stompin down 'in the general vicinity'.

Attachment 2708
    Attachment 2709

U moved the pegs out and down, u will be Scraping pegs a lot earlier in the turn !
    Not saying u don't know this just saying in case u had not Thought of it.
    I took mine off because the wife freaks every time this happens !

Out for sure, never checked down.
    I never have scraped the mini boards before. (my toes, yes, boards no)
    I always ride solo, and I'm a pretty mellow rider. (A lot of me is lazy, not just my toes!)
    If scrapin becomes a problem, I might consider 'standard' adapters for the boards ISO the drop mounts. (Kury 8808, I believe)
    Really need to wait until my seat arrives before I can fine tune the rest of the bike

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Finally installed the heel toe, Got it on and decided I might prefer just the heel part, so I pulled the 'toe' peg off and plan on using the 1 inch 'nub' to down shift so I don't have to raise my toes as high. (I'm a lazy shifter, LOL!!!) I may put the toes peg back on, dunno yet,,

Mini boards are tilted forward slightly, and I still have room enough to 'hook' a size 12 heel over the back of the board w/o hitting the heel shifter.

NO ROAD TESTING DONE as I have no seat! (LOL!)

Kick stand is somewhat between the heal shifter and board when raised. Not impossible to lower by any means, but one might want to watch what they were doing vs blindly stompin down 'in the general vicinity'.

Attachment 2708
    Attachment 2709
    Scotrod, When you hang your heel over the back of the mini board don't you hit the kickstand? This seems to happen to me all the time. I wonder if you move it far enough if the kickstand safety switch would cause the engine to kill.