general seat question - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: general seat question

shooter
    Rick , you're right. Those add ons ain't cool. I can recommend the Ultimate. Others on here can tell you more about other brands.

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    I have used the Beadrider with the stock seat on long distance and cross country rides and have had no problems riding all day. I also have the Airhawk Seat Cushion but find I use the Beadrider more.
    I've done the Beadrider as well, on my past DL650. As unorthodox as it sounds, it works really well

100,000 taxi cab drivers in NYC can't be wrong.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    As we age (I'm only 53 - but it's not the years, it's the mileage) I find that if all the parts from waist to knee are comfortable, then the ride is awesome.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    Hey, Steve--This must be a special year for you...a 53 driver and you're 53. What about that? I think I see the stars aligning.
    Ken (Hornblower)

61years. I have/ had the stock seat. I use a short nap sheep skin with Daluth buck naked under ware. 690-790 mile days. Bladder won't let me run fuel stop to fuel stop any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Hey, Steve--This must be a special year for you...a 53 driver and you're 53. What about that? I think I see the stars aligning.
    Yes Ken, 'tis a special year. I really miss flying those girls!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Rick - nothing to be ashamed of! Quite honestly, your best bet is to find a place where a bunch of F6Bs gather and that are all configured with different options and then sit and try.
    The North East Meet & Greet Group is a good start. There's definitely some variation there.
    Also the rally Sep 20-24 in Russellville AK, there's going to be at least 50 F6Bs online.

Ultimate - couple of styles, Russell Day Long - custom to you, Corbin 2 styles, Mustang at least 2, Hartco - custom, Mean City Custom seats - modifies your stocker.
    Plus some others I'm sure I've forgotten. It's a veritable smorgasbord for your tush.

Some of them are at the Daytona Bike Week and Biketoberfest.
    Not sure what "big bike rally" is up in your neck of the country.

As we age (I'm only 53 - but it's not the years, it's the mileage) I find that if all the parts from waist to knee are comfortable, then the ride is awesome.
    And yes, if you're going to change it, it might as well have a cool factor of "10."

Cheers,
    Steve

Steve,
    As a matter of fact I was going to go to Americade (I'm only a few hours southwest of Lake George...Ultimate Seats was the ONLY reason. Unfortunately (well, actually fortunately in a way) My son and I were Heading to Ashville NC during Americade. I might try Russellville...or (more likely) I'll just try the seat!

A nice Addition

Is the AirHawk R, I added it to the stock seat before changing the seat entirely and it was a definite help to give me a couple hundred extra miles without causing any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJ View Post
    That is kinda what I'm wondering...if seat "aids" are just as much an improvement, at the end of the day, as a new $650 seat.

Having said that...my vanity might still steer me to a new seat bec ause air pads and beads don't look as "cool" ...and yes, I am almost ashamed to admit that my ride is about the ride, my comfort, and how the whole package looks.
    That took a lot of guts to say that, you have just identified the Harley Conundrum Syndrome, of which I am a survivor. If you need a "Function Over Form" intervention I'm here.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I've done the Beadrider as well, on my past DL650. As unorthodox as it sounds, it works really well

100,000 taxi cab drivers in NYC can't be wrong.
    "I wouldn't drive my taxi anywhere w/o my Beadrider"

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    That took a lot of guts to say that, you have just identified the Harley Conundrum Syndrome, of which I am a survivor. If you need a "Function Over Form" intervention I'm here.
    HA! Thanks. Not there yet.I do believe, though, that the appeal of some things is the whole package...I can live with some give and take among form, function and cost! For example, my rivco pegs sacrifice PERFECT location and TOTAL ease of accessability (sometimes hard to flip them out) to maintain, to me, a sleekness and simplicity I wanted to the bike- they work fine though. On the other hand, my ram mount stuffkills some of my clean lines, for when I need the necessary drink or nav...any way. MY NAME IS RICK AND I'M A FORMAHOLIC!