Summer is back up north

Thread: Summer is back up north

Summer is back up north

Had a great day of riding - no wind, mid 70s, and full sunshine. Did 449 miles on my F6. I had almost forgot that feeling of "soft Tar snakes" that attack you in the middle of corners. When the big bike moves sideways a couple inches in a good lean. Ha, makes my A-Hole pucker a bit.

Yessir,

Have been getting out for a run here and there as well out on this rock in the Atlantic. Did the local coastal loop the other day.....they have repaired the pavement for most of it and it will probably become my Sunday morning run...about 250 km....150 miles. Early morning usually no enforcement on the go.....just moose, good combination of road types, and the wind in your face. No plans to get off the rock for a run this year so have to start planning a season of shorter trips.....you continent dwellers have it made in the shade in terms of destinations.

We have had the wettest month in history. I've had over 18" at my house this month. Another stormy week-end. We've had flooding this evening in parts of town this evening along with the occasional tornado. I'm not complaining, lakes that were dry at the first of the month are releasing water now.

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    We have had the wettest month in history. I've had over 18" at my house this month. Another stormy week-end. We've had flooding this evening in parts of town this evening along with the occasional tornado. I'm not complaining, lakes that were dry at the first of the month are releasing water now.
    Ya, I've been watching the weather in your area. I had a trip planned for the Ozarks, about 2 weeks ago, but have been post-poning it, due to the rain, floods, and tornados. I will get there before mid July! Hope your house isn't in the flood plain!

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    Ya, I've been watching the weather in your area. I had a trip planned for the Ozarks, about 2 weeks ago, but have been post-poning it, due to the rain, floods, and tornados. I will get there before mid July! Hope your house isn't in the flood plain!
    I'm good, I'm on the side of a hill. Just to the west of us they had 8" today! We are going for round two here in the next little bit. It's so waterlogged, it doesn't take much to flood now. Love the Ozarks.

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    I'm good, I'm on the side of a hill. Just to the west of us they had 8" today! We are going for round two here in the next little bit. It's so waterlogged, it doesn't take much to flood now. Love the Ozarks.
    That's a lot of rain! Glad your house isn't flooded. Rain has to stop sometime.

shooter
    In the MO Ozarks today boys. Family reunion. Yeah it rained. We had a pavilion reserved. Its really scenic this time of year. Rivers were at normal pool though. But we all know it doesn't take much.

Thumbs up Not Just Me!

Well I'm glad it isn't only me who's still enduring really terrible weather. Still pouring rain here, and it's bloody freezing. We've been told to expect an unusually cold wet summer!! Just what I really need...not
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    In the MO Ozarks today boys. Family reunion. Yeah it rained. We had a pavilion reserved. Its really scenic this time of year. Rivers were at normal pool though. But we all know it doesn't take much.
    What about your aunts in the contest???
    You said it, and I know it's true.

Perfect riding day here in Ohio. Rode down to SE Ohio with Teresa and Bandit.