Seats - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Seats

Does the Russel Day Long seat sit higher?S
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Slammd View Post
    Not to derail this thread but can anyone having experience with the stock seat/utopia backrest combo answer this question. Does the Utopia backrest have the ability to fold forward in such a way to lay just forward of the stock seat's "backrest" (the rear hump), ultimately providing a more forward riding position? Somewhere I saw a photo of what appeared to be such a scenario. If anyone understands what I'm talking about, I'd appreciate any comments on your experience with this. Thanks
    If I understand the question, look at my pictures of my seat and you can see the pivot point at the base of the backrest where it comes out of the seat. It will pivot forward there and is adjustable fore and aft. Also the backrest portion also pivots, so the backrest can be adjusted to push you very far forward if you choose.
    http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?7...all-Windshield
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

I have short arms. With the stock seat with the Utopia back rest I had to tilt the bracket way forward in order to rest against it. The proboms I incountered were (1) on bumpy roads the backrest would push into my back, not good. Think kidney punch.(2) Being that the bracket at that angle the pad would want to rotate down when your back was not against it. If for any reason I move off the backrest , big bump, standing up I now had the edge of the pad stabbing into my back. I added a 1 1/4" spacer to the bracket. 1 1/2" would have been better. The pouch covers up the ugly.

At 5'7" with 29" inseam I have always liked the stock seat. I can move in close when its raining or just place my bottom where the rise is. All the other seats seem to hold riders in an "ass cup".
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    Does the Russel Day Long seat sit higher?S
    Steve
    Steve - The RDL seat sits, as I am told by them, almost 2" higher. I was seriously considering one of their seats but with their design, there's no way to get around the increased height which puts it out of the running for me. Even their website (I believe it's under "warranty") disclaims a return based on seat height issues

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer View Post
    I have short arms. With the stock seat with the Utopia back rest I had to tilt the bracket way forward in order to rest against it. The proboms I incountered were (1) on bumpy roads the backrest would push into my back, not good. Think kidney punch.(2) Being that the bracket at that angle the pad would want to rotate down when your back was not against it. If for any reason I move off the backrest , big bump, standing up I now had the edge of the pad stabbing into my back. I added a 1 1/4" spacer to the bracket. 1 1/2" would have been better. The pouch covers up the ugly.
    I know what you mean about the "kidney punch" You could tightened up the bolts so the top of the backrest could not pivot on you when you sat forward. BUT I found for myself, that when that was happening to me I needed to adjust the backrest farther back and actually keep my back against the backrest. I found that to be true also with the Corbin. But that is just me and we probably don't sit in the same slouched position.

My backrest adjusting procedure as explained to me from a sales rep years ago is to start out with the backrest way back and go for a ride for at least 15 minutes to get my body settled into position. Then as I ride, I will pull over and adjust the backrest forward in small increments and ride for another 10 minutes or so for a test.
    The sales rep said many folks start out with the backrest too far forward.

Maybe this can help you as well...
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Has anyone ever used a Hartco seat? If so what did you like or dislike about it?
    Richie

Quote Originally Posted by Richie View Post
    Has anyone ever used a Hartco seat? If so what did you like or dislike about it?
    Richie

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?8...ghlight=hartco
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you

Richie