Oooooooh, I went to the rally, saw that and want that! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oooooooh, I went to the rally, saw that and want that!

There goes another $200...

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Here ya go!
    http://www.mblinnovations.com/store/...ntrol--16-.htm
    Takes 30 minutes to install.
    Thanks, Steve. I didn't have the pleasure of seeing these in action, but when I saw this I moved it way up the wish list. Just what the doctor ordered, as my radio-knob spare key attempt failed. $169.00

Everyone please note that according to the website once these are installed you will not be able to open the saddlebags if you have a dead battery. They suggest the battery loop (like Larry said he installed on all of his bikes right away).

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    I want the remote saddlebag release the Steve has on his.
    Yep. Of all the things I saw there, that one really caught my attention.
    I'm adding it to my "soon to buy" list.

I don't want to have to play with all those gizmos. If I want to do that, I go get my big PA toys out.

However, Rob and you both said that signal coming right off the pre-amp was AFU, so maybe.....
    The low level from the head unit is usable with a line driver added, or the amp i am using is able to compensate. It is a lower output than its standard, which is why most stock amps will distort quickly.

I'm not sure what you mean by play with gizmos. For what it is worth, I can set up the Audison for you, you just need to install it. you can skip removing the f6b amp and just tap that speaker outpyt straight into the Audison.

Then you add 8 14 guage to wire the speakers (you could use the stock for the tweets) and your done. It may be possible to put the amp in the left fairing run power and you bypass 3 hours of taking the bike apart and you keep all your saddlebag space. The amp is small, if someone wants to work with me on their bike at can try to make this work.

Once it's installed, you use f6b like you do today, no gizmos..

My list included:
    • exahust
    • seat
    • passenger highway pegs
    • wind deflectors
    • passenger cup holder

Chess customized seat makes a lot of sense to me.
    Jeffs torque loops with? ? (can't remember at the moment).. I want a deeper sound without adding drone or too much additional loudness. I don't want to compete with the radio...

I didn't factor in new accessories to the cost of the trip to the Rally!!

Quote Originally Posted by pressorv View Post
    The low level from the head unit is usable with a line driver added, or the amp i am using is able to compensate. It is a lower output than its standard, which is why most stock amps will distort quickly.

I'm not sure what you mean by play with gizmos. For what it is worth, I can set up the Audison for you, you just need to install it. you can skip removing the f6b amp and just tap that speaker outpyt straight into the Audison.

Then you add 8 14 guage to wire the speakers (you could use the stock for the tweets) and your done. It may be possible to put the amp in the left fairing run power and you bypass 3 hours of taking the bike apart and you keep all your saddlebag space. The amp is small, if someone wants to work with me on their bike at can try to make this work.

Once it's installed, you use f6b like you do today, no gizmos..
    Rob,
    After Biketoberfest, I'm coming to visit and we'll get this "Marine proof" installed.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by F6Pilot View Post
    I am evaluating audio as well. And just like Steve, don't want to give up a bag. Posted this in another thread for evaluation and consideration and Robert gave some great direction.

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?9...rma-grin-style

But, to keep on topic, I experienced more peer pressure than I have since junior high. Calvin forced me, and numerous others, to sit on his Ultimate seat repeatedly. He even led me kicking and screaming directly to the Ultimate trailer at the BBB vendor area. Yes, I succumbed to the pressure and purchased the Ultimate King. Awesome seat, awesome supporting vendor, awesome friend. Thanks Calvin.
    Kick backs ,, I then you sold your Mustang at a great price too
    Battoo

I came away with seat envy . and sound envy , spent this past Sunday pulling the rest of the baffels out of the Dragn, sounds throaty ,now maybe some torque loops ,
    o and the Mustang seat for us , my rider is vertically challenged
    Battoo

Rob,
    After Biketoberfest, I'm coming to visit and we'll get this "Marine proof" installed.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    Looking forward to it Mr. Sound !

Quote Originally Posted by pressorv View Post
    Looking forward to it Mr. Sound !
    I don't think anything is really "Marine Proof"!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired USAF
    1974 - 1994

Quote Originally Posted by Battoo View Post
    Kick backs ,, I then you sold your Mustang at a great price too
    Well, it's all about reciprocity. I enjoy this community and have reaped many rewards in the way of knowledge and friendships. I got a good deal on the Ultimate and was glad to make you a good deal as well.