New F6B Progressive Suspension
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New F6B Progressive Suspension

New F6B Progressive Suspension

Would like to thank Rick at WingStuff for working to get me the first F6B lower front suspension in the country made by Progressive.

It has been several months in the working, I should have them installed by monday, tuesday the latest.
    Will lower the F6B by 1 inch for us short guys. I will post a detailed review next week.
    Rick, Thanks again for all of your efforts to get these in my hands

WingStuff will have them available to ship on monday for anyone else interested.

http://wingstuff.com/shop/gold_wing_gl1800
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Will probably look awesome lowered. My only concern would be reducing the clearance to have things drag sooner.

A suspension upgrade is the last major item on my list for my bike, so I am very very interested in what you experience here. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post

Will lower the F6B by 1 inch for us short guys. I will post a detailed review next week.
    Hi Steve,
    When you post your detailed review, please post a few PICs, dying to see how it works out.

I have the tubes in hand, Thanks !!!!!!! Rick from Wing Stuff. I am going to take some measurements on Sunday and see if in fact the bike will be lowered by 1 “ as the factory claims…but also the improved ride will be a bonus as well…… will post some info after a shake down ride on Tue or Wed...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Can't wait to hear your review! A big "Your Welcome" from Rick too! He's always glad to help.

Wellllll the Honda Shop called and said the F6 was ready...the shocks DID drop the front end by 1" +.....now if the Hurricane will go away I can go get the bike and go for a ride....

I did pick up my bike and went for a short ride... will be doing a longer ride later tonight...

First impression.....WOW!!!! I can now flat foot the bike with both feet at the same time...a first...I measured the bike before install and the front did drop 1" +...seems to sit more level

The ride is firmer but the bumps are not a jarring...seems to track better as well...I do have the fork brace and running the Alpin CT on the rear so this is part of the better tracking...but still better since installing the mono tubes...

Bike seems to feel more sure footed...

Will add some miles and let the front end loosen up and report back...good money spent !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I did pick up my bike and went for a short ride... will be doing a longer ride later tonight...

First impression.....WOW!!!! I can not flat foot the bike with both feet at the same time...a first...I measured the bike before install and the front did drop 1" +...seems to sit more level

The ride is firmer but the bumps are not a jarring...seems to track better as well...I do have the fork brace and running the Alpin CT on the rear so this is part of the better tracking...but still better since installing the mono tubes...

Bike seems to feel more sure footed...

Will add some miles and let the front end loosen up and report back...good money spent !!!
    So just to clarify, you *can now* flat foot the bike or you *can not* flat foot the bike? I suspect the former and that you just got nabbed by autocorrect.

Did you also get the rear spring?

Also interested to hear if it impacts how soon the pegs hit in turns. Thanks!