Kabuto Ibuki vs Scorpion GT920 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kabuto Ibuki vs Scorpion GT920

I ditched my Kabuto Ibuki several months ago. The shield developed a gap and it couldn't be fixed....

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Thanks a bunch. I only found it in gloss black and I read the chin vent was not good and really bad on a bike with a windshield like my GW. Who knows what I'll end up with if I go to Iron Pony. If I can't make it there, I'm just gonna order the Scorpion. I've had great luck with mine.
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

Another modular worth noting is the RPHA Max from HJC. I was looking for quiet above all else and this one rated just under the Schuberts. Once I bought it I was even more impressed with the airflow and how light it was. I think I picked mine up for around $360. I've had mine for about 4 years now I think. Next year I'll replace it with the same model.

I'm close to agreeing. I bought a matte black RPHA Max a couple of months ago. After about 100 miles, my forehead felt like it was in a vice. It was quiet and had good vision to each side, so I'll be using the old spoon trick and get some of the forehead material pressed down for a bit more clearance. I'm clueless whether I'm a round, oval, intermediate oval, square, rectangular, or whatever head shape. The "Lidpicker" arrived yesterday, so I'll be measuring my skull tomorrow and see if I wasted $25 on the calipers. I also picked up a Kabuto Aeroblade Torrent and that helmet is sweet for my head. Too bad Kabuto decided to hit the trail with the American market.

I believe I'm just left of the middle of oval vs round, probably oval narrow. I think the best fitting one so far has been the Bell Qualifier DLX, so I may end up not going modular. Frickin forehead pain is no joke. It's only amplified by the wind too.
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN