Clearview windshield mostly installed....

Thread: Clearview windshield mostly installed....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I figured I'd baby step it and see what it's like tomorrow. I'm riding to work, then headed home to pick her up and head to Fancy Gap.
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

I ordered my F4 Customs 14" med tint with vent windshield and it was at my house in 2 days. I love this windshield but then I tried the Madstad 11" extra dark. I now love this windshield. I may have to put the F4 Customs back on in the winter for more protection (only time will tell).

I had the Clearview Med Dark tint on my Harley Davidson Fatboy and loved it. It did take 6 weeks or more to get to my house. When I wrecked the Harley the Clearview broke into very sharp shards that I did not like so I switched when I got the windshield for the F6B. I did not get cut up to bad but the potential was there.
    Steve

Question:

For those of you that bought a Clearview windshield with a vent installed; is the outer portion of the vent fabricated out of smoke colored plastic as well; if you have a tinted windshield?

My new Clearview windshield is light tinted, and the rear portion of the vent is smoke colored plastic. But the front portion is clear plastic. Looks weird. I would think that both pieces of the vent would be smoke colored?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

If you going to the Rally we can compare!
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    If you going to the Rally we can compare!
    Yes, I plan on going to the Rally in Franklin; as long as Erika (the tropical storm) dissipates somewhat.

I had received an email from Clearview this morning; they did say that what I received is what they are producing; a clear type front vent and a smoked rear louver vent body that attached to it.

...and I am getting good with manipulating those two bolts; that hold the front fascia panel over the windshield. Twice now; I've disassembled it to play with the height of the windshield. Currently I have it on it's highest setting; and will take the bike out for a spin to check the effect of turbulence and me head.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Hey guys, is that clearview any wider than s stock shield. It looks to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridlikhel View Post
    Hey guys, is that clearview any wider than s stock shield. It looks to be.
    Yes it is. Will I looked tonight and mine is clear in the front too. Never really noticed before
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Glad to hear all this as i'm currently waiting for my Clearview shield. I had placed an order for my Kawasaki Vaquero and got lucky they had not started making it yet and was able to change the order to a F6B shield. I got the "large/wide/light tint with a vent" option.
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike

I love my Clearview! if you follow the MFG's. instructions you can try out what you think you want and send it back if it is not exactly right. If I should ever need another there will be no question where I will go for a replacement.
    Blotar