F6B not knee friendly....help - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: F6B not knee friendly....help

Quote Originally Posted by cody13 View Post
    I've had my new F6B for three weeks. Nearly 1200 miles and I can honestly say this is the most uncomfortable bike i've ever owned when it comes to my sitting position???? Kills my knees. Am I the only person with this issue? Was the bike made for a five foot tall person. I'm 6 foot tall and and my knees hurt so much it's not even funny. My leggs need to go out forward some what....not bent back under me. Wouldn't this hurt most everyone? I ordered some higway pegs but can't ride around all the time with your feet up front away from your brake and shifter. Anyone else dealt with this? I love everything about this bike, BUT the rider position. I didn't feel good when I first sit on it, but figured it was something that I wasn't used to but would grow into it. Now each ride hurts more than the last. help....
    I have addressed this previously so I hope nobody minds hearing about it again. I too have knee problems and had to sell my ST1300 because of my knees. I thought the F6b would be better so I bought one. After riding a short time my knees were hurting again and I was afraid I would have to sell it until I put on the Kuryakyn II pegs. The pegs saved my riding. Because of them I can sit in about five different positions including lifting the bottom of my butt completely off the seat while pushing hard on the pegs. I'm not concerned about braking because the bike has linked brakes so pulling the brake handle engages both front and back. I only use the pegs when I don't plan on braking anyway. The ability to straighten my legs with the pegs has definitely helped my knees and allowed me to keep riding.https://imgur.com/a/kNdPg

I am big (but not as big as Big Larry) with a 36+" inseam and have a lot of problems with my knees.

I went the Roadsmith route, Moved the pegs and controls forward a couple of inches and down a touch. Bike is now much more comfortable and I can get my size 14's on the controls safely.

Do a forum search for Roadsmith for more info.

2013 F6B
    2016 Spyder F3 Ltd

Quote Originally Posted by Navvet View Post
    I am big (but not as big as Big Larry) with a 36+" inseam and have a lot of problems with my knees.

I went the Roadsmith route, Moved the pegs and controls forward a couple of inches and down a touch. Bike is now much more comfortable and I can get my size 14's on the controls safely.

Do a forum search for Roadsmith for more info.
    Roadsmith! That's the name I couldn't remember. How are you finding the heat with your toes that near the cylinder heads?

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Verismo View Post
    Roadsmith! That's the name I couldn't remember. How are you finding the heat with your toes that near the cylinder heads?

Jason
    I have not noticed a difference, Just overall more legroom.

2013 F6B
    2016 Spyder F3 Ltd

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

saddleman seat for tall guy

Quote Originally Posted by cody13 View Post
    I've had my new F6B for three weeks. Nearly 1200 miles and I can honestly say this is the most uncomfortable bike i've ever owned when it comes to my sitting position???? Kills my knees. Am I the only person with this issue? Was the bike made for a five foot tall person. I'm 6 foot tall and and my knees hurt so much it's not even funny. My leggs need to go out forward some what....not bent back under me. Wouldn't this hurt most everyone? I ordered some higway pegs but can't ride around all the time with your feet up front away from your brake and shifter. Anyone else dealt with this? I love everything about this bike, BUT the rider position. I didn't feel good when I first sit on it, but figured it was something that I wasn't used to but would grow into it. Now each ride hurts more than the last. help....
    I have:

Beautiful Saddleman Custom Seat "Black"

cost $575.00 new

sell for $275.00 plus shipping ($100.00) $375 total

Seat is perfect - compare to mustang - you sit further back with more back support, the nose is narrower and the seat allows you to sit back further - great for longer legs I'm too short to use.

email me m-sat sanctuaryinmobile@comcast.net

email me sunday at rudyathome@comcast.net

also listed in classified - but thought this might help your dilemma.
    Be Careful What YOU Wish For

Hope you find relief. I was actually thinking about this today while riding. I don't see where blaming the bike fits in. I think it's a case of bad knees or something. The bike doesn't kill everyone's knees like it does to some. Please don't take this wrong, but rereading the OP, it made it sound like it's the bikes fault. Some people need the adjustments, some don't need anything. As I said already, it's a perfect fit for me. I'm 61 years old now, a tad under 6', weight 210, and have stock seat and pegs. I can ride all day.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    Hope you find relief. I was actually thinking about this today while riding. I don't see where blaming the bike fits in. I think it's a case of bad knees or something. The bike doesn't kill everyone's knees like it does to some. Please don't take this wrong, but rereading the OP, it made it sound like it's the bikes fault. Some people need the adjustments, some don't need anything. As I said already, it's a perfect fit for me. I'm 61 years old now, a tad under 6', weight 210, and have stock seat and pegs. I can ride all day.
    I find this particular defense of an inanimate object particularly idiosyncratic. So what if he/she blames the bike? For him, it's the most uncomfortable bike he's ever been on, and that's got to be incredibly frustrating when you spend a bunch of your hard earned money on something that's supposed to bring you joy. I can relate. I'm coming from a 2014 Valkyrie, and relative to my 1999 Valkyrie, I found it very ergonomically unfriendly. The F6b is a fantastic machine and fits me much better, but there are definite design trade offs just like anything else. The vibration free horizontally opposed six is a magic engine with a magically low center of gravity. But it also sticks out quite a bit and makes an easy toes forward/knees relaxed cruiser position challenging to attain. If you're comfortable, that's fantastic, and what I wish for all of us. But you being comfortable on your bike doesn't help the poster be comfortable on his.

Thanks man....I do love my bike. I also problem have some knee issues at 59..... I have been on a bike non stop since I was 6. I have owned Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, and Suzuki bikes. I just got of a long run on Harley touring bikes. I've never had any leg or knee discomfort on anything...until now. I am just surprised as I just thought the wings were known for being the ultimate touring machine. This issue really came as a shock to me. I added the ERGO III system today and I'm sure this will help. Gonna get my seat back a couple inches and this should fix it all! Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Verismo View Post
    I find this particular defense of an inanimate object particularly idiosyncratic. So what if he/she blames the bike? For him, it's the most uncomfortable bike he's ever been on, and that's got to be incredibly frustrating when you spend a bunch of your hard earned money on something that's supposed to bring you joy. I can relate. I'm coming from a 2014 Valkyrie, and relative to my 1999 Valkyrie, I found it very ergonomically unfriendly. The F6b is a fantastic machine and fits me much better, but there are definite design trade offs just like anything else. The vibration free horizontally opposed six is a magic engine with a magically low center of gravity. But it also sticks out quite a bit and makes an easy toes forward/knees relaxed cruiser position challenging to attain. If you're comfortable, that's fantastic, and what I wish for all of us. But you being comfortable on your bike doesn't help the poster be comfortable on his.
    I'm 5-6 and have to modify every bike to fit me and keep me comfortable. I have a bad back( still recovering from second surgery) and sore knees. I have moved my handlebars back and up, ergo 111 highway pegs and a heartco seat with backrest. To get more of my feet on the ground I lowered it 1 inch. I have also changed the windshield. Bikes are made for an average stature but we are all so different so we need to make them our own.