2018 Oct. 27 GoldWing Presentation at Honda - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2018 Oct. 27 GoldWing Presentation at Honda

Thank you again for the pics. They are great. I am very impressed with what I see. I am ready to get my fully loaded up DCT GWT in Spring 2020. Already laying the groundwork for that move with the Mrs.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Circle-5

Features Included by Model variant

Circle-5

2018 Gold Wing colors

The white is now bright and glossy, not matte. The only matte color is silver (carry over from F6B in 2016 model year). For those who are concerned about paint quality: "... paint is high tech, using BASF nano-technology paint. Darks look darker, lights look brighter. The paint itself has a luxurious wet appearance." And I read somewhere that the 2018 GW has a clear-coat. Just like a real paint job!

Note: from my scanner to your screen, via JPEG and other processes, the color swatches below are unlikely to be exact, assuming they were correct in the first place ...

Quote Originally Posted by Circle-5 View Post
    According to the Honda motorcycle techs, these two GoldWings are not even complete – they were just recently cobbled together for presentations. That's all they've got. The engines will start (to demo the new, rumbly exhaust note), but won't get you anywhere. They won't let you sit on them. If you want to test ride a pre-production model today, you have to go to Japan. I assume these two incomplete props were assembled by hand in California, without the help of jigs, special tooling and so forth. The ones on display at the Long Beach Motorcycle Show next month should be closer to the real thing. But I will look for the off-center trunk badge to see if they're the same ones!
    On 11/30 I will be in Japan and I'm going to try to fine a Honda dealer. I kind of doubt they will have one on the floor if they do and I can buy one I will there and have shipped back to me by the end of the year =)
    Hook

$$

Anybody have a breakdown on MSRP?
    If anybody finds a "real deal" let us all know. Riding one of those beauties home from anywhere in the US would be a fun thing.

Circle-5

Weird Restriction

I just noticed this: The 2018 GoldWing Tour's electric windscreen has almost an inch more travel range (and corresponding angle change) than the GoldWing bagger –– 4.9 in. vs. 4.1 in. See scan below, from a Honda brochure. Why the difference, since both variants are identical in that area, with the same selection of interchangeable windscreens? Enquiring minds want to know ...

My hope is that it's not just another marketing idea by American Honda, to hobble the entry-level model by removing features that would have cost nothing to keep ...