Elite 4s + Ride-On = Many Smiles - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Elite 4s + Ride-On = Many Smiles

Smile Elite 4 Not impressed

I changed out the original Stones and went with the Elite 4's. First 1000 miles they were fine, second 1000 miles a little front wobble, now with 6000 miles on them, I have quite a wobble at 45mph. A friend is having the same issue with his at about the same mileage. Not sure they bite as well in the rain either.

Guess I'll ride these out but if they don't ride more miles than the a Stones, I'll switch back or try something different. Not impressed.

Just mounted an new Elite 4 on the front and a Michelin CT on the back today for a fellow F6B member. I really like the design of the new E4, and if it performs as good as it looks, it should be a real winner. The Michelin?....LOL...all I'll say is: It's a beast! He rode about 200 miles home and then called me to tell me: "I REALLY like this setup." Time will tell, of course. Hopefully, he doesn't experience the wobble of the post above. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom F6B View Post
    I changed out the original Stones and went with the Elite 4's. First 1000 miles they were fine, second 1000 miles a little front wobble, now with 6000 miles on them, I have quite a wobble at 45mph. A friend is having the same issue with his at about the same mileage. Not sure they bite as well in the rain either.

Guess I'll ride these out but if they don't ride more miles than the a Stones, I'll switch back or try something different. Not impressed.
    Not heard of any reports of any front end wobble with the Elite 4's...I love the ones on my bike and no issues...Maybe loose head bearings or something else??

Here's a report of front end wobble on Elite 4's.
    Never had it with the stones. Wobble began on the trip home from the shop who mounted them.
    And no, nothing short of replacing them has stopped the wobble. No to beads; no to wheel bearings; no to neck and stem bearings; no to superbrace; no to tire psi.. No to Remount and re torqued.
    Not overly impressed with them after about 8 thousand miles.
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

These are some of the first complaints from them. Teach has over 20k on hers, still going, and not one complaint. Strange how it's from one spectrum to another. Not sure what to make of it.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

E4 Update

Elite 4s and I just spent two weeks on the road.
    Daytona, Smokies, New Orleans, Dallas, Houston, back home.
    They are at 14k miles and still look great.
    The wobble and buzzing disappeared shortly after the Traxxion Dynamics Mega Monty install.
    I'm much more content with them now than when they were first installed.

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstiff's F6B View Post
    Here's a report of front end wobble on Elite 4's.
    Never had it with the stones. Wobble began on the trip home from the shop who mounted them.
    And no, nothing short of replacing them has stopped the wobble. No to beads; no to wheel bearings; no to neck and stem bearings; no to superbrace; no to tire psi.. No to Remount and re torqued.
    Not overly impressed with them after about 8 thousand miles.
    Very interesting discussion so far...I had a minor wobble at certain lower speeds with the stock Stones...Nothing at all at slower or speeds that I don't dare mention, (only occasionally)....Go figure!!